1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vande Mataram!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SuccessMinded, Mar 31, 2011.

1. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

My first blog will be a tribute to my mother, for the person she is.

Dear mom,

Although I tell you all the time, I feel it is not enough. I need to thank you more and more.
    I feel so blessed to have parents like dad and you.
    I am amazed at the childhood you have given us and still continue to be my strength and cheer leader.
    I want to tell you Vande Mataram.. because that is what I feel. Vande Mataram means maa mein tumhari vandana karti hoon… (Mother, I salute to you).
    There have been a few things that have always amazed me…
    - The fact that I have never ever seen dad and you have an argument. You were the most lovey dovey couple in my eyes.
    - As children our sense of security comes by seeing parents united as one team. Thanks for giving us that security. We always saw you respect dad and tell us the best about him. And dad would also praise you at every opportunity to us. This makes a lot of difference in kids. I see kids around these days where their parents are openly disagreeing in front of the kids and the kids are so confused… whom should I listen to? Mom or Dad?
    - You have taught me to keep arguments and quarrels behind closed doors as husband and wife and never let 3rd person know about it.
    - I love the way you have been as a mother. You have been the best cook I have known whose cooking is famous in our entire family. You have been the best mother. Someone I come home to and share all the nuances of the day, be it when I was in school, college or now when I speak to you on the phone.
    - I love how you have a positive outlook towards everything and everyone. Not once have I heard you voice your displeasure about someone. Have people hurt you? YES. But you have always looked at the positive in the situation and positive in that person.
    - I respect the fact that you never carried any grudges for anyone. Even if they did something to hurt you. The next time you would see them, you will forget everything from the past, forgive them and go and speak to them as if nothing happened. This is not an easy thing to do.
    - I admire the way you dress up. The amazing saree collection you have. It is a pleasure to see you dress up when you are going anywhere. The way you drape your sarees. Always so neatly dressed, worth admiring. It makes me proud of you that you are MY MOM.
    - I love the way how you never get angry. Even when I have woken you up at early morning, because I am feeling scared of the dark or I am not keeping well. You will get up immediately and not once have you told me that I disturbed your sleep. Rather you will pull me close and hug me and make me feel safe and secure.
    - I love how you have a consistent attitude everyday that I have known you. I never have to worry about how you will behave or how you will react if I say this and that to you. I can rest assured that you will not judge me and you will only encourage me when I am doing the right thing or guide me if you think differently.
    - I love each and everything about you mom. When God blesses me to be a mother, I want to be like you to my kids. I want to be a wife like you.
    - I can’t thank you enough for finding me a gem of a man as my husband. I love my DH and his family and it is all thanks to you for finding him.
    - I appreciate how you know so many slokhas and do so many poojas all praying for us.
    - I promise, I won’t take you for granted. I will spoil and pamper you with the luxuries of the world for all that you have done for me.
    Love you Ma,
    RK

2. deevya

deevya New IL'ite

Loved it.. and i wonder how God created all the mothers a like !! B'ful post ..keep it up :)

3. SuccessMinded

Thanks deevya.. you are the first one to reply to my first post that too with encouraging words.. thanks!

4. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful !!!!!!!!!

Loved your blog so much !!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

5. Indhradhanu

Indhradhanu Silver IL'ite

Hi SM,

Cute post about your mom. You are really blessed to get such a great mom(Touch wood). I wish to be like her.

[​IMG]

6. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

wow success mind. deep love which cannot be always
    defined and measurable and cannot be valued.

enjoyed reading it. IT'S SO LOVELYYYYYYYY

7. rayhaan

rayhaan Bronze IL'ite

Vow successmind...

You are lucky to her child, and i'm sure you will be the best mother to your kid too:thumbsup

Loved reading it and will try to implement it:cheers

8. SuccessMinded

Thanks Sunitha.. for such an encouraging feedback..

9. SuccessMinded

Hi Indradhanu,

Thanks for such an encouraging reply..
    I am sure you are and will be a great mother... btw, is that your daughter's pic in your profile? She looks so beautiful!

10. SuccessMinded

Hi Sreemanavaneeth,

Thanks a lot for reading and replying. Yes, it is the most beautiful and selfless love on this planet...