1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Valued!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Oct 18, 2013.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

It felt lonely from the minute it was born. Whether being alone or with others of its age group, it felt the same. It had not seen its parents but always felt them nearby. Occasionally, it did experience a gentle push from its well-wisher who never stayed with it. On its course of floating, it met a few of its own kind, who were plump and darker and, it noted this as it stood out clear - they all were happy.

It wished it were a part of them too and felt even a bit jealous. And as it saw them, they all grouped together and a few minutes later, it could not segregate one from another. For a moment, it felt scary about losing its identity like that, for, all it had was only that, it knew. But then, it can't help it, as they called it and its well-wisher too, pushed it to them encouraging it to join them.

"Thanks for the invite. But tell me! I haven't seen your kind before! Who are you and where are you going?", it asked. "Oh! we all were like you earlier - feeling lonely and listless, before we got our call. Now we are so happy. Joining us?", asked one which was about to merge. It had a lot of hesitation and fear, but somehow, made up its mind. "Heck! Who cares if I am sad or alone? Let me join them for fun!", it thought and soon merged.

They all were carried to a farther location and it too soon gained a lot of weight. The speed of their travel made it giddy and it happily laughed and felt that it was valued for the first time, before it too was lost.

There was a heavy rain in that area then.

p.s.. Hope you guessed it by now. It was a cloud! And its well-wisher was, the wind.

2. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

I could not guess in the beginning,your thoughts are beautiful. I liked it very much. Thank you, Lakshmi

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Lakshmi, for your appreciation and the first feedback. -rgs

4. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Hi RGS,

Wow!! what a subtle and beautiful imagination :)
    Couldn't guess till the end, that u were talking about the cloud, very beautiful thought :)

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot NandiniMithun, for your appreciation. Very happy to receive it after a gap. How are you these days? -rgs

6. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Hi RGS.

You are welcome :) I am doing good.

7. rgsrinivasan

Nice to know that NandiniMithun. Thanks. Looking forward to your writing too. -rgs

8. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

very interesting RGS !!!!!!!!!! nicely written !!!!!!

[​IMG]

9. rgsrinivasan

Thats a lovely quote Sunitha [as usual!]. Thanks for the appreciation too. -rgs