1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Valmiki Syndrome

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by tenkanidiyoor, Mar 3, 2015.

1. tenkanidiyoor

tenkanidiyoor Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,

I just stumbled on this book while surfing across the shelf of my library. The title attracted me, so just picked it up.
    This books is beautiful creation of the author Ashok Banker, who has tried to relate the well-known story of Valmiki to a life of an average working class. Myself being a working mother, the story is has been proved to be super inspiring and has made my mind clear about my decisions
    The books talks about few professional – corporate woman, who have lost the balance between work and family. All the harm would have done by the time they realize the reality.
    The book decently explains the prevailing family situation where the parents are not available to the child, the struggle by the young couples for growth of carrier with no time for each her. The author adds drama to the book by bringing out similarities among our life to Valmiki’s life.
    The author says, we should not try to juggle too many things, one day a ball is going to fall and the day one ball falls, all others are sure to fall.
    My recommendation is that all working professional should read this book and realize the need to dedicate one’s time for personal fulfillment and family’s emotional growth.

1 person likes this.

2. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for bringing this book to our attention OP. I know what you are saying about juggling too many things at a time. Looks like most of us would benefit from reading this book.

1 person likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Some of the parallels he draws makes the book different. the whole ramayana series is worth reading..

1 person likes this.
  4. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Wow! Sounds interesting, thanks for talking about this book.

This is exactly what many people are advocating in the western media these days, that women cannot have it all and making an earnest plea to slow down.

I do hope India can make sense of it before its too late.

1 person likes this.
  5. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

Nice summary of the book. And thankyou for sharing views about this book. Must read!

1 person likes this.