1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"Vallamai Tharayo"Book Launching function

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jan 9, 2011.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,
    Yesterday with my DH and with four of our IL friends I attended Sridhar’s book launching function at bookfair, Chennai. The function was a great success and we all felt very happy to be in the first row and witness the function from close quarters. Though Pattimanram Raja arrived a bit late due to traffic jam the function started with the welcome speech of Kavitha Chokalingam. Then Smt Santha gave a small and crisp speech. After that Bharathi Baskar who is also famous for her pattimanram debates gave her speech. But Sridhar will provide the video and you all can enjoy the full show.
    Raja arrived while Bharathi was talking and then he gave the speech. He also delivered the first copy of the book to Smt Vedavalli Rajagopalan.

Then all the three ladies were felicitated with shawls by Indhu and Mr Chokalingam and Raja were honoured by Sridhar. Mr Chokalingam also honoured Sridhar.

Then Sridhar gave a wonderful thanks giving speech. I do not want to bore you all with my write up. I am posting some pictures.

Those who want to see all the pictures please follow the link.

Picasa Web Albums - Srinivasan Kuravi - Book fair and...

Attached Files:

2. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much Pushpa Madam for the detailed write up and snaps. Oh i missed it.
    Congrats Sridhar. Wishing you many more book release.
    Meenakshi

3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Pushpa mam,u all rock.....I just missed this good function.....

congrates to Sri sir.....

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpavalli,

Thanks for sharing this with us. It makes all of us proud when one of our own writers is honored and his book is launched. Sridhar is surely realizing all his dreams.

Photos were lovely. Though we all know each other only virtually, it is amazing that I can recognize my IL friends through photos!

Indhu looks lovely as usual in her attractive sari and Sridhar looks content.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  5. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for giving the update, Aunty.

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear PS,

thanks a lot for the write-up and the pictures. And thanks a lot for coming to the function and blessing me on that momentous occasion.

I was in a state of unrest (more especially when that picture was taken) as Raja had not come. And the organisers wanted the platform back by 5 45 pm for the next event, which was a Kavi Arangam by Vali.

But when the Thamizh Thai Vazhthu (Neerarum Kadalutha) was played on the system I surrendered to the Being of Love, which manifests as Thamizh, which manifests as poetry and reassurance to a troubled heart at all times.

The tension vanished. And if you see in another photo I will be talking to Raja as if I had no care in the world. In fact it was that state of mind which made me deliver my speech, which was part thanks-giving and part explaining about why I write and what this book is all about.

As we all climbed down from the stage I just told Him, it's your function and your Book and you held it the way you wanted. And thanks for using us in your Grand Design.

More on the event, and more pictures in my blog-space.

Thanks a lot Meenakshi, Prana, Kamla and Raji for your kind words

Thank you PS once again,
    sridhar

7. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

I feel so bad that I missed it. Anyways, thanks a lot for uploading the photos. Feels so nice to see it :)

8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mami,

Thanks a lot for bringing the function live here. Though I wanted to be a part of it but i just could not manage the tickets. My heart & soul was there with you all during the function.

All our friends looks great and lovely.

Sridhar: My comments for you is reserved for your blog....waiting for the same.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Meenakshi,
    The venue was very close to my house and I had made up my mind not to miss the function. I wanted to share the event with our friends even before Sridhar could post it in his blog. I know that he could do it only after reaching to Madurai.
    Love,
    PS

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear prana,
    It was Sridhar's day and he only rocked the audience when he was showered the best of compliments by all the famous speakers. We as his friends enjoyed the show up to the hilt.
    Love,
    PS