1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Valentines Day - Share the tender gestures you offer each other as a couple

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Gauri03, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Elphaba

Elphaba New IL'ite

Was expecting a weighty riposte even the most wonky rolled cigar does not resemble the cigarette in the picture. What's up sciency man? What a lapse!

2 people like this.
  2. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

Absolutely nothing on Valentines day. I feel a little weird celebrating Valentines day. I feel weird because why should there be a day to celebrate love and who is someone to decide that we need to celebrate our love on this specific day? I like to celebrate on days that are special to us ( if we remember, no hard feelings if not since I am very forgetful :D).

Apart from that (non valentine's days), my husband helps me a lot in kitchen, understands that I may not beget a child for him and cares a lot when I am sick.

2 people like this.
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Mmmmm... Wonder if doing all kinds of stuffs & antics to win back your lost love counts as 'tender gestures' too? Trying is still caring isn't? Yeahhh whatever....!

4 people like this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely does! Don't ever be fooled by the happily ever afters. There are none. Marriage takes work. Love is a sine wave. You weather the troughs in anticipation of the peaks. Even the best marriages need to be nurtured. I have a good marriage by every metric, but staying in love with the same guy for over a decade hasn't been a walk in the park. Plenty of compromises and altered expectations were involved.

What you see around you, on social media, and what people tell you is never the true picture. The smiling faces, the mushy, sappy messages are a 2-dimensional view of 3-D lives. Don't compare your behind the scenes footage with everyone else's highlight reel! :)

2 people like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh I remembered one more little gesture of love.

In rare moments of candid self-introspection, I ask the man, 'How do you put up with me, no really?' The brave man bravely replies: I do my best.

:)

4 people like this.
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I'm listening... (also thinking) (annnd wondering more...) :tongue

7. Elphaba

Elphaba New IL'ite

Hmm, I thought I just said 2 days back no rel. forum gig yet you lure me ..

People who renounce and seek new love will boast that it was the best decision. People who forbear and reap rewards later will proclaim that it was the ideal decision. People who renounce and regret will say patience is a defining virtue. People who forbear and suffer will say patience is a misleading virtue.

You won't experience all these outcomes in your life because you can choose only one path. But the path you choose, make the best of it!

Don't be influenced* by anything that anyone says no matter how earnest they sound when they say that they have your best interest in mind when counselling you. They always speak from their own limitations and own capabilities and own fears and own aspirations. They don't know what it is to be you to recommend what you are supposed to do. Trust your instincts! You know when enough is e-nuff. Just have good people around who will love you no matter how idiotic and wacky you seem to yourself and will abide by your antics, decisions and choices in life hugsmiley

* Including this post

2 people like this.