1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Valentines Day - Share the tender gestures you offer each other as a couple

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Gauri03, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Elphaba

Elphaba New IL'ite

Elfie: Listen, my friend started something and it's awesomest thread.
    KV: I'm listening
    Elfie: Such a beautiful thread around Valentines and I don't want it to languish
    KV: I'm still listening
    Elfie: Would you mind if I share our notes?
    KV: What notes, those pippy , trippy notes we crazily write to each other?
    Elfie: No hun, censored, abridged and weak notes.
    KV: Cannot trust you.
    Elfie: But ..but ...those were some of the sweetest & tender gestures..
    KV: You'll go ahead even if I veto so why do women bother to ask men
    Elfie: Just to blame someone when things go wrong.

(End of the conversation)

When I met Klingy Vulcan I stipulated that no matter what happens, where in the world he is, how much he talks to me, how much he sits in front of me, how much he spends time with me, how assuring his whispers are, he has to mail me everyday. You miss a day, I will roast you in a tandoor. Since then ...

... scuttling to board a flight in airport, break time in gathering, pretend to be incontinent in bathroom, sluggish from wake, droopy in sleep, renewing books in library, smirking in party, lost in malls, traipsing in corridors, whereever , whenever, there is always a mail from him. We call this M.A.D initiative (mail a day). Some of our most beautiful conversations happened offline in these mails than in person. I usually ask him a silly question to which he responds in a mail.

I asked him once what can he be for me. To which he replied later that day:

I drew an elephant in second grade - it was Appu the mascot of the Asiad games. Appu riding a bicycle, Appu running on a track, Appu playing football. Every Appu I drew reinforced my image of an elephant - white, smooth, happy and playful. Then I was taken to the zoo to see a real elephant - not white but an ugly gray, not smooth but wrinkly, not cute and plump but monstrously gargantuan. It stunk, it labored and it destroyed Appu for me. My grandfather consoled me then, talked about its lasting memory, its destructive power controlled by its gentle demeanor, its empathy and leadership. He remade the elephant in my mind, it remains my favorite animal.

I am Appu in your eyes and I aspire to be the elephant. You want to cuddle with me, I want to be your bodyguard. You will ask me about Tinkle, I want to know every Shikari Shambu story you can recall. You will ask me to kiss you and I will love you like it is my last moment. You will grope for a spindly frame and grab healthy chunks of flesh instead. You will want us to join in sleep and I will watch your face intently when you drop yourself into another world.

We will turn into an octopus with two heads and entangled feet, reading the same books on a couch. We will watch good movies, bad movies and equally enjoy them both. We will gaze at the stars and talk about how we will travel there someday. We will utter words to each other that don't exist. We will call each other names that break gender and species. We will eat from each others' hands and lend ears when the other needs to vent. We will trust each other with our choices, our actions, our lives.

You will always be my noodle, in a space of my heart never to be breached, never to be shared. I will be your elephant. Would that be enough?

I don't know if he's a magical Appu or a mediocre elephant but I knew that he was that Manny who was reaching out to this Ellie to convince her that she is not a possum anymore. His timely and consistent emails inspite of his busy schedule means a lot to me. I cannot imagine any man putting up with my antics like the way he does. Of course, I love him mammothly for him to endure my shenanigans.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

upfsabari, Gauri03, SGBV and 4 others like this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

For us everyday is Valentine's day. From cooking to outside work we share our work. Early morning he takes bath and boils the milk and keeps the rice , after I take bath do the rest of the cooking. While eating he and me together bring the dishes to the table and also keep it back in the kitchen. Bank work and buying vegetables anyone will do. I never like to eat alone as I dont enjoy the food eating alone so wait for him to come in case he goes out. He never likes to go for movies or restaurants so watch the movie shown in TV. We watch only Sun TV. So once in a while buy pav baji, batata vada or bajjias. Usually I only bring when I got out. Today I told him to bring as he was going out . While going he said Modi has said not to eat anything from outside. But while coming back he brought two hot hot Batata vada and moong dal bhajias which we both enjoyed.

Gauri03, yellowmango, kcb and 2 others like this.
  3. Elphaba

Elphaba New IL'ite

KV and I were compiling 2016 book reading challenge. We were scouring the net for top reads, obscure books, must-reads, pedestrian books, pretentious books to make a list of 10 books.

"No not this"
    "I read this "
    "I read this"
    "I don't want this"
    "Bah"
    "This"
    "No"
    "But this "
    "No"
    "How about"
    "Ok"
    "Read this"
    "Add it"
    "Heck!"
    "Ah! 640 pages"
    "Eliminate"
    "Pause"
    "Yes"
    "Well"
    "Hmm"

At the end of the exercise, all ten books were of my choice

KV: What should that prove?
    Elfie: That I've not read a lot of books
    KV: Stupid, I love you more so consented to every book you wanted to read

upfsabari, Gauri03, SGBV and 2 others like this.
  4. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

Cho chweet :2thumbsup: for taking up the challenge and contributing to this thread finally :thankyou2:

5. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Here's some mush for the saps - showed up in my feed!

2 people like this.
  6. Elphaba

Elphaba New IL'ite

Hey Bro! Turn around, turn around, I'm behind you. Well, are you new to the club? Show me your badge? 2196 posts with 1k in relationship forum. Not bad! What do you think you are doing?

(lighting a cigar)

Throw any type of mush and sap and these women will grind and drink it. You are talking of 10 years into marriage, try to teach them 2 years into marriage and they will scowl. Why the other day I was telling her, "Baby, why don't I utter 'I love you' only 20 times a day", and her ignition flare would have thrusted any man orbiting to Mars. Do these women have sore throats? Even in that raspy voice they want to hear such treacle. Teach them, "Honey, love is not about thumping from roof tops but mending shingles together", and they will bring down the entire house. You have any pets, dog house at your place? In case Mr Blandings is constructing one, take my advice and make more room in that doghouse than your bedroom because you will spend more time there wondering where did I go wrong , I complimented her hairdo, her shoes, clutch bag, her dress, may be the gloves! yes, the gloves, how did I slip to praise her mohair gloves.

You give a rose less this Valentine, nothing but a corrective and precipitous auction win of tulips plantation will vindicate and prove that you still love her. Ha! You are talking of vomit and dysentery, these women are so queasy that they will quarantine you and tell that they are too much in torment to see you in this debilitated condition. You know those plush toy makers, who do you think is their largest customer base? Tell me ... tell me ... make a wild guess ... Kids? You must be joking! They make soft toys for these cuddle-hungry women and dare a man ever return from a trip without chocolates and plush toys, remember the doghouse and install a air-conditioner during the scorching months.

You attempt to illuminate them with any other grayed and matured definition of love, romance, affection and they will pounce on you like you violated their sanctuary with sacrilegious offering to Aphrodite. You are smarty, lettered and a man of science! And those dimples are cute. I think these women pretend to turn deaf and blinkered when they pass through that tunnel of love but I tell you they are fully in senses and aware that 'love' and 'romance' jiggles, hops, shape-shifts, underpins it is only that they are such suckers to hear you say that "I love you more today than ever". Lord knows what that one repetitively vocal affirmation will ever mean to them. Dare you squarely answer and exit from that position. Remember the beagle house if you don't beseech like Tevye in your arthritic knees and poke them ten times in return, "Do you love me", for them to coyly and playfully tease you.

Yours
    Elfanso

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

We are the 'no valentine day 'couple.
    I usually kiss him and say,"happy valentine's day" and he responds with,"don't be silly".
    I usually bake a chocolate cake ...the regular rectangular one and not the heart shaped one(God forbid:shock:)

This time it was different.
    We were both at the fag end of a bad flu.Spent the day in bed passing each other tissues and applying zandu balm on each other's forehead.

One little valentine made khichdi while the other forcibly painted my tips and toes shocking pink with star shaped glitter.Then she pulled my head out and tried some silly hairstyle looking at a u tube video. I finally dived back in bed and hid in my main valentine's arms while he threw pillows at little valentine and shooed her off.

Finally we had yummy khichdi with lots of ghee.

4 people like this.
  8. sokanasanah

The Surgeon General has determined that smoking is injurious to your health.

9. Elphaba

Elphaba New IL'ite

Elfanso protests such side-lining of regular text and responding to only italicized is poor showmanship. Never mind mate.

(snuffs his cigar in ashtray)

10. sokanasanah

Touche´- ouch !!!! :rotfl