1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Valentines day gift for husbands - Just a month left!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by MaliniHari, Jan 15, 2014.

1. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Hi all, it is going to be my first Valentines day with husband. Suggest some special gift ideas dear ILs.

2. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

You could give him an IOU (I owe you) coupon book :) I gave that to my husband one year when I had procrastinated too much and he loved it....simple things like "valid for one back rub when ever you want it", "valid for a day doing what ever you want, no questions asked"

I think personally guys are happier with that than actual gifts. My husband loves food, so most of my coupon book dealt with food. You can also find these books in any Hallmark gift store.

My way these days is prepare an elaborate dinner, set the table with the good china, and have a very formal dinner. Ofcourse these days my son is also at the table :)

Enjoy your selves :)

2 people like this.
  3. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Sounds like a great idea! Expecting more...

4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Romantic dinner at your (both of you) favorite restaurant or if you are a good cook, his favorite meal. A movie night? Breakfast in bed with I LOVE YOU pancakes? His favorite cake with red wine or coffee.

5. Angiee

Angiee Silver IL'ite

I sent flowers and chocolates to his office. He didnt expect that and was little surprised. Later in the evng, when he returned home i kept his gift on our bed and this time he was more surprised and double excited to see the gift. (It was a SLR camera which was in his wish list for long time).

Whats your budget? In what your hubby shows more interest say like books, gadgets, food, etc..? plan and go for it. also if your hubby is romantic, you can write love quotes or how you feel about him in many little paper pieces and hide in different places where he could find. At the end of the evening, you can gift him something nice.

2 people like this.
  6. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

My cousin gave a calender with both his and his wifes pictures on her wedding day. He got it printed very nicely from a press. I felt it was a lovely gift. You can try this too

1 person likes this.
  7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Can you suggest what should wife get for herself as husband don't have habit of giving gifts.... mine don't even know the date...:exactly:

8. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

TE=breeze01;3124359]Can you suggest what should wife get for herself as husband don't have habit of giving gifts.... mine don't even know the date...:exactly:[/QUOTE]
    That's my dear husband. Well, I do get chocolates but that doesn't count :). Buy whatever you wish and feel happy that you can get anything you want without asking for his 'permission'. Of course within uour spending budget :).

2 people like this.
  9. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Our first valentine after my wedding I gifted a self made valentine card with quotes
    depicting my love for him..a key chain (transparent glass material with water, a rice grain floating inside with both our names engraved very tiny inside...) a collage of all favourite pictures of ours...baked cake, surprised with candle light dinner...

10. ruknights

ruknights New IL'ite

On my first valentine after the wedding, i brought him a game called truth or dare by cosmo (i bought it online from walgreens, but i am sure you can find them on amazon or something like that). I also bought him a box of chocolates. I decided to start a journal of our memories on our first anniversary.

But the thing is my dh isnt exactly buying/taking gifts kind of guy ( i swear he hasnt touched that game and its almost a year now:bonk.. but i read the cards of the game, they are very romantic )

so this year is our second valentine. I bought a restaurant gift card for this particular cuisine he mentioned he wanted to try few weeks ago.. i gave him a bottle of wine to go with it as a christmas gift .. so i am all set for valentines... no surprises.. PS he doesnt buy me a chrsitmas gift (the bottle of wine is my favorite onegigglingsmiley) so no surprises.. oh and i am going to buy flowers for myself this year.gotta give something to self too..