Valentine month contest bonanza from Indusladies!

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Vidya24, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear RV,
    Your entry is simple but very profound. That is what a gift is all about !
    All the best.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear Radha,

Congrats, on winning the contest.
    very simple but a lot more meaningful & intense as we read on.
    Yes, its not the materialistic gifts that matter most of the time - the unspoken words mean much more.

Love,

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Vidya!

Hello Vidya,

Thanks for your nice words. Seeing that you designed and announced this contest I should say a chance to participate in it is a gift given to me. Your well-worded announced made me to dwell in my past and talk about the precious gift I received in my life.

I am planning to give the print-out of my entry to my father soon. Seeing him read that entry, I think, would be another precious gift to me.

Thanks Vidya,
    Varalotti

4. varalotti

Thanks Meena!

Hello Meena,
    Happy to know that you are becoming an international figure with visitors from France, Swiss etc. I am very happy for you.
    It sure is a special entry for me for it talks about a defining moment in my life.
    Waiting to read your views on the entry,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Thanks Kamla!

Thanks a lot, Kamla. We receive a lot of precious gifts in our life almost every day. But we come to know their real worth only much later. A really valuable gift at the time of its being given does not even look like a gift.

I remember a lady writer talking about her gifts. She came to inaugurate a book fair. She hails from the famous Thathachariar Family in Srirengam. (The imam pasandh mangoes group).
    She told us that her grandfather gave her a silk skirt (pattu pavadai) bought at a cost of Rs. 100 in those days (the lady is in her 60s; so that Rs. 100 is today worth Rs.10000) and a thirukkural book for less than one-twelfth of a rupee. She said that she was elated about the skirt and felt so-so about the book. But as she started reading the book and absorbing the meaning her life changed. Today at 65 she says the book and its contents still stay with her while the skirt has vanished from her life long back.
    Thanks once again, Kamla,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Thanks a Lot Sudha!

Dear Sudha,

Words of advice and words of kindness are the only lasting gifts we can receive. Material gifts make us happy for the time being, whereas words of advice make us happy in the long run.
    While being a professional is my fathers gift to me, blessing me with such a father and a mind to listen to his sane advice is God's gift to me.

Thanks once again,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Well done, Radha!

Dear Mrs.Radha Venkatesh,
    I liked your entry very much. The words have come from the depths of your heart. And there is an ISO seal of authenticity about them. The gift, the words used to describe them appear very genuine and soft.
    Well done, Radha. Congratulations once again.
    Let us know when you receive the gift.

With Warm Regards and Best Wishes,
    Varalotti

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radha Venkatesh,

The choice of your special gift was poignant. It came from your heart and it was a surprise to me, did not expect such an account of a personal feeling.
    For some reason, although not connected at all, I had to think of the movie 'The Bridges of Madison County'.

L, Kamla

9. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Radha &Varalotti,
    Both of your entries were too good to read.More than that they were true from heart....

Heartfelt congrats to you both..

10. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Hello Sridhar,

Oh, No, Sridhar - We had our friends from Paris, that's it. they come every year.
    whatever figure I'm at present, that's more than enough - surely don't want anything more. very content at it. BTW we are already international figures - interacting with ladies from around the world.... :mrgreen:

Now for your entry - it was something very different. I kind of guessed your line of thought but still you always surprise me, Sridhar. I perfectly understand the importance of the two gifts that has over a period of time shaped your life and is responsible for the heights you've reached in life.
    made a wonderful reading with your beautiful writing.
    inspiring tooo. Congrats again!!!

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.