1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Valarpom Thannanbikkai Serial - part 9

Discussion in 'Sundays with Varalotti' started by Chitvish, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    This week's serial in Varamalar carries Varalott's article on
    Manaavalimai irunthal Sathikkalam
    Achieving your target needs only strengthof mind.
    Please go to
    Dinamalar - Varamalar

Dear Sridhar,
    You are gradually going deeper into mind power on an enjoyable ride.
    More than our goals, we are bothered about our (imaginary?) limitations and give ourselves excuses ! If you set your heart on a target, we have to pursue it relentlessly, giving our best. Is that not "manthirathaal mangai varavazaikkum" technique?
    I have already quoted in another post, but still can't help repeating my most favourite, most motivating quote, which I follow in life
    The heights by great men reached and kept
    Were not attained bu sudden flight
    But, they, while their companions slept
    Were toiling upwards in the night !
    All that we need is strength of mind to achieve our goal, call it passion.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Dear Chithra,
    I can never thank you enough for religiously posting about my articles in Dinamalar. Thanks for supplementing my article with the poetic lines of Longfellow, incidentally the lines which inspired me through my CA course.

The Editor-in-Charge of Varamalar has sent a personal letter telling me that my articles have been well-received.

But Chithra, I am afraid that here in IL motivation and self-confidence per se does not sell. That's why the response and the views for this forum have been less than even lukewarm.

That of course does not dimnish the debt I owe you for taking pains to post this article.

Love,
    sridhar

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thanks again Chithra for bringing this to us.

Dear Sridhar,

This time's article was simply great, can be counted as the best of this series. The examples of Houdini and Edmond Hilary were simply great.
    How very true that the biggest problem is our own mind and thinking. A very enlightening article.
    What EH said is true, Everest will not grow, but the man can. You are the living proof:)

L, Kamla

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear chitra,
    once again thanku for enlightening varalotti's one more trumphing article, but here i must say as it is in tamil many readers may not be able to read,though they would enthusiastically post if they were to read abt it.....my 2 cents here..regards sunkan

5. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir

This week's serial is simply superb. Yes imaginary limitations is one of the problem faced by the youth. You have explained well. It made me write this feed back to you.

I have read all your thannabikkai serial from the day one. From school days I used read this type of article which comes in malayalam paper on Sundays. I still remember very well the first thing that I used to do on sundays is to grab the sunday supplement from my father and read the article. It always gave me guidance through out my life. After reading it I used even explain it to my mother and to sisters and sometimes to my friends. Because it always moves me so much. I never used to miss any such article. Even now I used read it on most days from the following link deepika.com under the title Jeevithavijayam. In this there is an article with story for the whole year. So I have read almost all these inspiring stories. I wanted to write this feedback for the first serial itself. But I do not know I thought I will wait. But today's article really moved me and made my day. So this reply.

Thank you dear chithra for posting this here.

regards
    vidhi

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  6. varalotti

Thanks Kamla!

Dear Kamla,
    Thanks Kamla. My mission in this set of articles is to make known to the youth of my country that all their problems, all the blocks to their development lie just within themselves.
    Thanks once again for the kind words.
    regards,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Sundari,
    Thanks for your kind words.
    Thanks for your 2 cents, Sundari. One day or other I will provide the English translation for these articles.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Thanks Vidhi!

Dear Vidhi,
    Thanks, Vidhi. I am happy to see that you have read all the articles in this series. Still happier to note that you have been sort of addicted to motivational essays.
    Thanks once again,
    sridhar