1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Valarpom Thannambikai Seial - Part 7

Discussion in 'Sundays with Varalotti' started by Chitvish, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear all,
    Varalott's serial on self-motivarion ontinues in Varamalar. Please go to

Dinamalar - Varamalar

I seem to be repeating the same phrase regularly - it is very good this week!

ஆசை இருக்கு தாசில் பண்ண
    அதிர்ஷ்டம் இருக்கு -------
    The sentence is not completed there ! but usually it is completed as "மாடு மேய்க்க".

Dear Sridhar,
    You expand beautifully on very simple things or ideas, showing your mastery in writing.

I loved the words "uppuma company" ! It does sound hilarious !!

I strongly believe in the following:
    "The purpose of life is to discover our gift. The work of life is to develop it. The meaning of life is to give your gift away for the benefit of society."

It is only in our hands to see that we do not dream away our life, but work hard to make our dreams come true in life.

Love,
    Chithra.

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Thanks to you Chitra, for tirelessly bringing to us Varalotti's works! You are amazing!:wink:

Dear Sridhar,

Thanks to Chitra we are getting to read your works here....
    Like she has said, you have to knack of observing and drawing out the best points and penning them down in your style.....which itself is a motivation!
    Keep up the gpod work in this Sarvajith year too and hope to see you back soon with more inspirational works on IL!:2thumbsup:

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Mrs.ChitVish,

Thank you for posting this in IL.

Hello Varalotti,

Another episode on self improvement and hopefully, the next one will have you back in IL. Your 'hero' is a real role-model, it is amazing how he has unceasingly worked his way to being one of the best in his field. My husband also started working at 17 years, and he saved his own college fund to get a degree much later in life. So, when I read stories of people like this friend of yours, I can empathise how hard they would have worked,planned and sacrificed to achieve their goals in life. I salute him and you, and my husband.

As always, a motivating piece, useful for professional whiners like myself. I like your Tamil, there is a command in it. Also am learning new words like 'kanini'- I am sure it is computers??

See you soon in IL
    regards
    Vidya

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra,

Thanks for posting this weeks article. The sentence is completed as "kazhutai meikka" in Southern Districts. I had to just skip that part. Now every one is completing the proverb.

Writing this piece was an expression of love and admiration for the person involved.

The hero of my article not only had a dream but also had a mind to work for it. May he be blessed.

Thanks once again for the nice words,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Dear Sudha,

Thanks a ton for your kind wishes. Let me try to live up to your expectations, when it comes to writings in IL. I have already taken up the challenge of dealing with the most controversial story SHE apart from having a weekly humour piece.
    Sudha, I am really moved by the comments I received for this article. You know something? That guy's mother called me to tell that she had identitified the hero of the story as her son. She could not even speak coherently thanks to the overwhelming emotions.

In that precise moment I felt that I have done my part.

Thanks once again,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Hello Vidya,

Very nice to know of your husband who has a similar success story. This guy and your husband are living proofs of the poets words,

Tell me not in mournful numbers life is but an empty dream
    Life is real, life is earnest
    The grave is not its goal.

Reading your note I am aware that I still need to work on my English whereas my Tami is just about all right. A fellow writer (whose story later became the movie Autograph) told me that I mix the least number of English words in Tamil writing.

kanini is computer, yes you are right. The word might look odd, but that is precisely because of its rare usage. Once we use the word and get used to that it becomes a natural thing.

Thanks once again,
    Varalotti

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

I had no doubt that this will be another treat to read. My respects to your friend and to you for recognizing the genius in him and sharing it with everyone.
    I am one more of those who did not understand many words that you used in the article. But, I got the gist of it and that is what you intend with your writings anyways?!

Chithra, thanks for your tireless efforts to share everything with your IL'ites.

L, Kamla

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sridhar,
    u should not be only a writer, i feel u should be a great councilar to many children all over india for a beginning then go on to be a most sought after personality in guidance for the future in education and employment...
    pl do keep this in mind...regards sunkan

dear chitra madam,
    as usual u r working very hard to bring out his personality to the IL,
    thanku for this article link given here for us...thanku again sunkan

9. varalotti

Dear Kamla,

Please do ask me if you do not know any word. I do not write 'classic Tamil' but as far as possible I dont try to mix two languages. It will be quite interesting to know the meanings of many Tamil words. One advantage with Tamil and Sanskrit is that most of the names given to objects have direct meanings. Compter is called kanini because to compute is kanithal. Haven't you heard jathakam kanikkarathu? It is calculation and computation. So computer is called kanini.

Normally when we give examples of greatness or achievements we go to the other end of the world to point our fingers at Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Einstien etc. Though these examples are impressive the mere distance makes them less appealing. Greatness under our very nose is the least visible form of greatness.

This week's essay is one such example.
    Thanks for the participation, Kamla.
    Love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Thanks Sunkan!

Dear Sunkan,
    thanks for those kind words. I am doing counselling to the extent possible. My writing these articles is more to provide counsel to the people especially the children to the maximum extent possible.
    As to my becoming the most sought after personality, I take it as your blessings.
    thanks,
    sridhar