Vaibhav Lakshmi Puja related posts

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by ramya_psk, Oct 25, 2006.

1. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,
    Thanks a lot!
    I got this book in English from Giri Agency! Bow

But got some doubts regarding this!!
    1) I jus skim read thro the book and saw that there are so many slokas and so many rituals when performing this puja. Do we need to do all that like placing ur fingers in a particular way when reciting some slokas? In this version of the book, they have all pictorial representation also!!

2) I leave early from home for officeComputer Typing so doing the puja in the morning is a bit doubtful. So can i do it in the evenings. I reach home by 7.00. Is it ok to do after that?

3) And they have mentioned so many articles that is required for the puja and they also say it is available in Giri agency. Is it required that i get the same puja articles.I can have the main items like Kalash and bell and others wheras the rest can be as per convinence?? What is needed is that the puja is done correctly and sincerly !!! rit?

4) In the book they have also mentioned abt some particular flowers required..!! is it like that or we can place the flowers taht we have!!?

5) And lastly, i can see the book and follow the steps and do the puja right? I neednt memorise everyhtign and do na!??:hide:

Please, you may find the doubts very silly, but as i am a total amateur in this i am at loss. So please fogive me if my doubts are silly and clarify them:bowdown

2. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Re: Vaibhav Lakshmi Pooja- Doubts

Hi vkrithika1,
    I posted my query on Vaibhav laskmi pooja in this link http://www.indusladies.com/forums/p.../14611-vaibhav-lakshmi-puja-5.html#post300890

I was browsing further and came across this thread and i was surprised when i saw u write 'it is a simple pooja'.:hide:
    Because the book i am referring to has so many slokas and rituals that u shld do!!
    So...jus wanted to confirm if i am referring to the right book!
    In the book there are many things that u perform in ur hands when u recite certain slokas, we have to do all that right? and also recite all the slokas given in that right?
    Or please refer to the link above and please clarify my query!:bowdown
    Please correct me if i am wrong!

3. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear imemyself,

BY simple i meant the acharas to be followed.The pooja format is same for any pooja.

it takes hardly 1 hour to complete.If you do not have flowers you can perform the pooja with kumkum and akshadhai and thulasi.There is no need for strict madi.You can
    Just have a head bath and perform the pooja.

You are just going to read what is there in the book.I think it is very simple.No hard and fast rules.

4. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamala,
    Thanks a lot for the replyBow and i am determined to take up and do this pooja!
    Sorry...but one more question...u said we need to jus read what is in the book, but in the book there are also some signs or symbols which we have do with our hands when we do that pooja!! do we need to follow that also!! ?
    And what is akshadhai ??

5. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear imemyself,

i think you have a very good book which gives the complete procedures for the pooja.It is very good if you can do what that book says.I think you are telling about the signs for sankalpa.those are common procedures.It increases the mental strength.

If you do not have time, you just buy a small book(Rs.8) from some book shops and do the pooja according to that.

Akshadhai means rice mixed with turmeric.Bhakthi and involvement is important.

6. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamala,
    Thanks a lot!! The main reason for doing this pooja is for ,as u said, mental strength.
    I want an inner peace, a control over emotions !! This puja requires dedication and thro that I need a control over myself!!
    Since I want everyhting to be done as per rules, jus wanted to know if i am going thro the right book!

Thanks a lot againBow

7. ArtiP

ArtiP New IL'ite

Hi Preeti

I m Arti .R u living in Austin .I m also from North Austin.I live here with my hubby and daughter.I m Maharashtrian but my education is in hindi.I really need good friend.I m also done Vaibhav Lakshmi Vrat,Ganesh Chaturthi vrat ,Siddh Ganesh vrat many times....But in India.

Why r u not searching that book on websites.Just suggest u...I know may be u already try this ..

"Muz se dosti karogi"

Arti

8. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

9. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Hi ,
    Can anyone tell me from where I can download the tamil version of the book ?
    Thanks
    Mangai

10. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

Mangai

Please see the first 2 or 3 pages of this thread. Tamil version of teh book is posted i think..hope it helps you..good luck!