1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vaccines to be given when travelling to india with a 10 month old!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cool09, Aug 8, 2011.

1. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

I will be travelling to chennai with my 10 mo next month.my Ped told me that she should get a shot for malaria and measles(MMR).i was told to surf the CDC website wherein i saw just mumbai and delhi listed in the malaria prone area.is it still necessary to give one? also after reading so many articles on the effects of MMR i am so sceptical with that issue.please throw some light on that!

2. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

waiting for your valuable suggestions..anyone????

3. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

guys i need some serious help here.i have been asked to get the 12 mo vaccines at india since i will be travelling in a few weeks..how is it different from the ones given here? is it ok to give it there? any complications?i dont want to mess up the vaccines because of my travel.i would be coming back only after 4-5 mo . pl guide me.

4. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

83 ppl have seen this thread and nobody cares to reply:bonk

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Not actually.. Could be that they don't have valid information to share with you. Since it's baby related, we cannot randomly advise, yeah?

Why don't u ask your ped, about the effects and concerns? I am sure she of all us strangers is your best bet.

Good luck...

Btw I have a 7 month old and hv been thinking bat travel ( which is why this thread came to my radar of interest..lol), I hv not decided anything, so unfortunately hv nothing to share with you right now.

6. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

thanks a ton for replying nandshyam.i did ask my ped.i was told to get the vaccines done in india.but i am not much into it since i dont want to mess up with the schedule.so if somebody here has done anything different i would like to be interested to know what they did when they were travelling.do the vaccines after coming back or get it done there.i hope i made myself clear!