1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Vacation Day 1

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by unna, Apr 1, 2010.

1. unna

unna New IL'ite

My kid has just completed Pre-KG and he is hardly 3 yrs and 9 months. Vacation has just started. Entertaining him and making him happy is the toughest job. I would plan a lot of games, activities and stories to engage him and make him feel good.

That particular time was the colouring session. I gave him sketches and the colouring book, made him to sit comfortably in the bedroom, chose a picture for him to colour and went to kitchen for cooking. For 5 mins I was cooking. The house was so calm except that I heard the sound of the fan. I smelled something fishy. So I went to check my son who was in the bedroom.

TO my shock, I found him scribbled all over his body with black sketch. His face, both hands and both legs full of black dots. I just asked him why did he scribble like this all over him. He just smiled and replied," Mom, I did'nt scribble. I drew them. These are my black spots and I'm the Cheetah". I was mouth stuck and did'nt know what to tell.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Unna

Now a days children are smart. Your son also is smart. But you should not leave your son alone with colours. You might have had a tough time cleaning everything.

love
    viji

3. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Yes Boys can be a hand full to cope with during vacation... send him to a nearby summer camp..that way he can be occupied for 1/2 a day doing something more productive... or else at the end of the vacation you will be at your wits end...
    but all said and done so smart of him to draw himself into a cheetah!!
    K