1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

V is a sign of survival!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Another piece of interesting information on V sign is that the Japanese V sign is actually called 'Peace Sign' and the two fingers in the V sign represent the two atom bombs that were dropped at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The photo of the sign is given below.
    [​IMG]

When I visited MCG to watch the Ashes contest between England and Australia, we were given a baloon with V symbol and we were waving it whenever an English wicket was down.

Here is a joke on V sign.

Daniel and Hette are out shopping in London when they come across a smart clothes shop. Hette goes in.

While Daniel is waiting outside, a prostitute comes up to him and says, "Would you like to come back to my place?"

Being a bit of a joker, Daniel decides to string her along. He replies, "How much do you charge?"

"One hundred pounds," she says.

"I'll give you ten pounds," Daniel says with a wink.

She gives him the V sign and walks away.

Hette comes out the shop and they continue their shopping expedition. But then they pass the prostitute on the corner of the road. She takes one look at Hette and says to Daniel, "You see? You see what you get for ten pounds?"

Regards,

TDU

2. suravees81

suravees81 New IL'ite

Hi sir.I'm a new IL ite and would like to extend my sincere appreciation to all ( as much as i've read!)ur contributions.......this one abt 'V' is quite interesting too.would like to comment only on one aspect of the 'youngster's explanation'.....
    complicated due to anatomical restrictions on finger movements.....
    showing 'S' is not that difficult,if u come to think of it....just that this generation is so used to using only one hand (most of them are into IT,u c!) and...they need to hold a 'coke' on the other!...just kidding!;)
    cheers.
    sujatha.

3. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,

I remembered one cute V sign being done by kids. When kids fight and say 'katti' or ' doo' they show two fingers crossed and when they become friends again they say 'Burthi' or 'Pazham' with two fingers in the V sign. It is all very cute and I am reminded of my younger days.

Regards,

TDU

P.S: Last few days you are not seen in the forum. I hope you are alright. I keep praying God to give you good health.

4. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello raman

paarthu paarthu
    v v ya
    ezhudhi
    inge puthagam
    pottu asatha.
    yaru raman enru ketka
    athan antha
    v raman
    enru sollividapogirom
    innum enna enna irukko
    v sleevil....

sathya

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Cheeniya,

So happy to read your post.. Was waiting for one from a long time. My access to the site was impossible as my comp was not agreeing with the upgraded server of IL. Things are sorted out now.

'V' a sign of survival, very true, most of the gestures are always a sign of survival. Staring hard, winking, curling your tongue, flaring your nose, nodding your head, knotting your eyebrows, side glances, raising a five and the recent one may be the moderated version of 'V' is just one finger instead of two.. cracking your head.. need not.. its "Thumbs Up" and sometimes "Thumbs Down". Very easy gesture . one push up in the air or at time a slight push downwards. What does it mean?? Art of survival!!! Did I not tell you it is just the moderated version of "V".

Keep amusing us with such lovely posts...

Bye

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Veda
    That was truly a valuable piece of information about the geese. Birds in flight are indeed a breathtaking sight and I can never get tired of watching them!
    Thank you Veda
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

English V lerndu tamil V kku thaviyacha? Ini Telungu, Kannada, Malayalam and Hindithan bakki! Sudha might add something in German too!
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

Ida padichuttu anda kaalathula KB Sundarambal 'Velai pidithathu enna, venneranindhadu enna' nnu paadina pattuthan nyabagathukku vandadu!
    Arachu vitta vengaya sambar enakku avvalave pidikkathu. Andha dhaniya sariya grind aagalenna, nagatha(nails) cut panni potta madiri irukkum!

9. Cheeniya

Dear TDU
    You are a walking encyclopaedia of IndusLadies! Whatever I write about, you seem to have a wealth of info to add! I always look forward to your supplementary information for its sheer variety!
    Thanks boss!
    Sri

10. Cheeniya

Dear PS
    It's news to me that onion is a proibited food item for the Vaishnavites. I know that brahmins dont take it on selected days like Amavasya but the total ban is something I am not aware of.Naan katrathu kaimmanna alavunnu puriyaradhu!
    Sri