1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Utter Strangers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Tubelight, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sobhi,

I think we feel free to reveal to unseen strangers just for the fact that they will not judge us and they will listen to us uninterupting putting in thier justifications in between as our family members do.

Exactly ! you hit it right there ! Do you think anyone would have sat and heard me out patiently , even at home, if i had speechified my thoughts seen in this post ? Three sentences down, the husband would look at his watch and switch on the TV. One paragraph down, MIL will contradict and start explaining with an example from among the relatives and the whole conversation would get diverted to something else !

And yeah, I agree Strangers are better in giving a sympathetic ear, because they dont carry prejudices about you.Thats why cyberchats are more fulfilling.

Thank you for sharing your illuminating thoughts, Sobhi.

2. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

AS you said, we Ladies can't be too careful when giving out personal details and pictures.You guys have it easier! But be careful though, some clone of Ayesha Siddiqui can misuse your info too and start blackmailing you !

Oh, kamalji, just now, a thought struck me, what if all the info. and photos we are getting of you are fabricated and that Mr.Kamalji is actually a Ms.Kamala.G , having a rollicking time making all 365 days, April Fools Days ?:biggrin2:

I don't wear a collar, but will do the needful, virtually !
    Thank you very much, Kamalji.

3. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kelly
    "Mom take care " I loved that !
    I'm really very glad your 12 year old is so smart and cautious. It is very necessary in today's world for kids are at great risk of venturing into shadowy connections.

Try to bring MIL too to the meet up; who know she may also get hooked by the Indus idea !

Thank you so much for your appreciation, Kelly.

4. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Bhuvnidhi

Thank you so much for the appreciation.

( I loved that Einstein quote you've chosen ! )

5. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Knots,

So we are kindred spirits, two peaceable peas in a silent pod ! If we two meet, what would we do, Knots ? Smile at each other and blend with the furniture ? :crazy

The serum gives this wall a voice and ears readily available to lend their services to my most loved cyber friends, who are not strangers to me anymore although I have never met them or seen them or spoken to them.

Excellent ! Succinctly put. But I wonder, if it is precisely because of our reserved nature that we turn chatty with a vengeance online ? !:hide:

Thank you so much for the lively comment, Knots.

6. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jaya,

Ever the same dear Jaya, bubbling with verve and warm words !

I'm glad to know that you make no differentiation between cyberfriends and realtime friends. Its a great gift ; only, be just a wee bit cautious now and then !

Padey padey ninna Dh-na illige elakondu barokkintha, avaranney Indus nalli member maadisibidu ! Avaroo contribute maadali. More the merrier !

Thanks for spreading your infectious joy, Jaya.

7. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Usha

Its nice to be a balanced personality, neither introvert nor extrovert !
    I think instant likes and dislikes are formed as a gut reaction by everyone.And we really have no control over this function !(Have you read the book "Blink ?")
    Ofcourse, some people also say, we take to people/ hate them/fear them , who had been connected to us in the same way in some other previous birth. When no other plausible reason comes to mind for instant likes and dislikes, we can subscribe to this grandma theory, no ?

Yeah, hope we get to meet. (But where do you live ? )

Thank you for the nice comment, Usha-Amma

8. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Padmini
    Dear Padmini,

Wow ! What a well composed, well thought out comment. It adds so much weight to my original chatter !
    Its always a challenge to compose a response suitable to be offered to your FBs. I'll borrow from Cheeniya's FB and say I feel inadequate!

"We are here to be connected, to collaborate, inform, help, enjoy and be acquaintances and friends. I consider so many people close friends and occasionally as close as many non-digital ones" .
    How wonderful ! Instead of being just a time-pass activity, cyberfriendships can be made to progress to something more valuable.

'This is great but it can also be a downfall, as confidence can lead people to task risks that they wouldn’t usually and can open people up to get hurt' Couldn't agree with you more here.

Thank you so much for the brilliant contribution, Padmini.

9. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ganges,
    Its so true that within a short time of entering into a networking site, we gather more friends than we ever had in our entire life till then !

"I am having a feeling that we may know before but not through Indus.

Thats very true, Indus being a community of a 100,000 members, we are bound to know at least five people from real life, donning avatars here ! I hope you re-establish connection with some long lost friends during the Kochi meet !

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, Ganges.

10. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan

So glad to read that you made great friends for life, after a meet up, so soon after you registered as member. Come to think of it, I am also only about 3 months old here !
    Yeah looking forward to it.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Sriniketan.