1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Utter Strangers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Tubelight, Apr 11, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi

From yesterday night I have been trying to give fb to this post but something or other is happening and now only I could give the fb.

I also like this site more than any other site and I feel this is my second home. Here you get so much love and dont feel like strangers. For me if someone gives me little love I try to give them more love.

I got attracted to you by your writings and your firendly nature. I am also waiting for the day when I will get the opportunity to meet you.

Wish you all the best for your meet with Bangalore ILites and I am sure all others also must be anxiously waiting to meet you because you were the rising star of IL then and now you are a great star.

love
    viji

2. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hi TL

Very very well written. Excellent command over the language and very well presented.

I think we feel free to reveal to unseen strangers just for the fact that they will not judge us and they will listen to us uninteruppting putting in thier justifications in between as our family members do.

At the end of the day when we pour out our grievances, we just want a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen unconditionally which i guess only a stranger can provide.

regards
    Shobha

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear TL/Lakshmi,

What a stupendous blog this one is.just too good, as only u can write.

Yes we can bare our hearts to utter strangers that is true, than with real people who know us, for we feel they can misuse our trust in them, as well as the secret we tell them.

I for one, am known all over, my pics and family deatails in the blogs well known, so i post that information which is general, for example, i am a male, X age , Y kids, Z dogs, stay in Jaipur etc etc.

So if anyone can misuse that info, great.:biglaughand i do keep meeting Itlites and other bloggers, and to me sharing my info makes no difference at all.But to u ladies i can understand things can be different, now that u will meet the other i lites, u will be in for a pleasant surprise.

I loved this blog, as did Cheeniya and OJ.Collor up TL.:biglaugh

Regards

kamal

4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear TL
    Sometimes when I tell my 12 yr old son about how I chat with people on IL he is shocked and keeps telling me... MOM TAKE CARE!!!... but somehow I feel totally secure on IL.. I too am looking forward to meeting you guys on 1st May... hopefully no other situations turns up as MIL is in town!!..
    Thank god you broke your vow and got hooked onto IL your posts are great....
    K

5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Dear TL, As usual a great write-up from you.Just waiting to see your pictures after the meet.

Regards!

6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Brilliantly done once again dear TL! You are just too good with your way with words. Yes, only you can :). Are you also following OJ da's "Words, Words and Words" slogan? Keep your posts coming as it is pure delight for all of us.

The truth serum is indeed powerful. I am an addict too of this serum because it allows me to be me. Something about Indus Ladies that has this special warmth that make us all strangers strangely feel connected to each other. We feel genuinely happy for one another and give our regards and suggestions honestly to each other and maybe in a healthy way also sometimes feel jealous when somebody gets a brownie point from someone! :hide:. All this makes IL a more real platform. I am always amazed how feelings and emotions transpire so flawlessly through the cyberspace between chatters! What is it that makes me want to chat to A but not B? The cyber vibe! I still have my regular doze of Truth Serum and enjoy being drowned in its buzz. Like you, I am also a very quiet person in person. I can never make a conversation with people and am as good as the wall in a room. The serum gives this wall a voice and ears readily available to lend their services to my most loved cyber friends, who are not strangers to me anymore although I have never met them or seen them or spoken to them. It takes me a very very long time to feel comfortable about anybody and to make friends. Very reserved nature but I don't come across so on chats, or so I think.

Have a fantastic meet up at Bangalore and wishing your melt up/down into the realtime ocean is warm, smooth and delicious! Loved your write up as always.

7. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,

Wow...I am just speechless girl, you just do it over and over again. I am just so awestruck by the way you write. You are in a league of your own.

I am the same by which means, I am very open to real friends and as well as virtual friends. No anonymity. No holds barred.

Yeah I sometimes feel I have to be very careful but my basic nature is being very friendly and chatty. hehehe

But IL is the very first forum that I belong to and have made some really good friends here who I feel very close to...you included. Yeah I have FB, Orkut accounts but are limited to known friends but here I do not know anyone personally but yet I behave the same way to each of them here as I do with my real friends.

Love the way you write and yes Lakshmi naanu mathu nanna DH ge ninna snippet torisedhe and he too loved reading it. :thumbsup

Enjoy the I-lite meet up in Bangalore. Would love to read your experience of the meet-up.

Love
    Jaya

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi,
    Rightly said about Utter Strangers.
    I too had the same feeling when I had the 1st IL meet, after joining IL, in just 3 months and too with our IL Queen Chitvish, Laxmi and other personalities whom I didn't even know at that time..but by the way they well soooo caring.
    You will feel the same, when you are going to meet the Utter Strangers in the meet...Enjoy!

sriniketan

9. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,

You are fantastic! Thoroughly enjoyed reading Utter Strangers.

I am neither an extrovert nor an introvert - something inbetween. And have this terriblly bad habit of making instant likes and dislikes!

IL is the ONLY site I fell in love with on first sight! And I am still in love. I hope someday I will get to meet the people behind the names.

Have a great time at the IL meet and give us a feed back.

Love,
    Usha

10. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear TL,
    Another masterpiece from you!! I have become speechless seeing your mastery over the language . I became green with envy:) seeing you handling the subject with a touch of humor . Hats of to you !!
    It really makes you stop and think about situations we put ourselves in. You wouldn't get into a car with a stranger or let someone you didn't know into your house or apartment. Why then, do so many people let random individuals from the internet - who they have never even seen - into their lives? The emergence of fantastic innovation and communication in the last couple of years has opened doors no one could dream of back in “the day”. Here at Profy and across my wide wanderings on the Net the single overwhelming aspect of Web 2.0 is connectivity. We are here to be connected, to collaborate, inform, help, enjoy and be acquaintances and friends. I consider so many people close friends and occasionally as close as many non-digital ones .
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td class="txt">The lack of personal contact makes people feel less vulnerable and gives confidence that many people do not have with people usually. This is great but it can also be a downfall, as confidence can lead people to task risks that they wouldn’t usually and can open people up to get hurt. Enjoy the Internet and making friends online. Il has become so addictive that here I find the love of daughters. son and nieces. Though I do not log in much now I am having it in my heart always.Have agreat meet in Bangalooru !!!Waiting eagerly to see your snaps.
    with love
    pad

</td><td align="right" valign="top">
    </td><td>
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    <script type="text/javascript"><!-- google_ad_client = "pub-6167988213978292"; google_ad_width = 728; google_ad_height = 90; google_ad_format = "728x90_as"; google_ad_channel ="9644094585"; google_color_border = "FFFFFF"; google_color_bg = "FFFFFF"; google_color_link = "339933"; google_color_url = "000000"; google_color_text = "000000"; //--></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script>