1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Using Toilets In India

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by anu1215, Mar 16, 2018.

1. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Moms,
    Am going to india to visit my grandparents in a village and staying their with my kids for 10 days, my kids 7yr old are used to western toilets and my concern is how can they manage to do it doing in sitting position. any tips so i can prepare them other than the toilet concern, my kids will enjoy the time in village.

2. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

I understand the situation, I have been one of those clueless kids when visiting moms village. Though my grandmas house had one indian n one western even 20+ years back itself, some others houses or the road trip to go there was complicated.

I have heard that it is one of the safest public toilets compared to a western toilet, but there have been some accidents for me as a kid, and I still find it complicated that I choose to just hold on.

Since your kid is 7 years old, maybe show some videos n make it sound a lot fun. Make the whole thing positive. Try getting a stool that will keep her legs in that position in your current toilet or train her that sitting position. Make it sound like a fun thing that she may start looking forward to go there n try it.

anu1215 likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Here's one. One of the most hilarious videos I ever watched on youtube. Don't miss the part at 3:18.