Using diapers or not?

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by harinandhini250, May 15, 2015.

1. harinandhini250

harinandhini250 New IL'ite

hi,<br>I'm conducting a research on the usage of diapers by mothers. I would like to know if your using diapers and if so, why? and if your not using diapers, what is the REASON?

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

I have never used diapers while in India since its a hot country. Babies develop rashes. Its really uncomfortable for them otherwise. Cloth diapers will dry up in a jiffy.

In colder countries especially when we live in rented apartments with carpets we are forced to use diapers. You can't line dry cloth diapers due to apartment regulations and the climate.

Diapers also tend to slow down potty - training. In India when babies are not diapered they are taught to use the toilet starting at 12 months. In other countries, you will find a 3 year old still wearing diapers usually.

Also factor in the cost. Once in a while its okay to use diapers, otherwise its too expensive.

3. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Yes, diapers are expensive. My daughter is 6 months old now and i've using overnight diaper for her. In day time, i use cotton nappies for her. In night, child sleeps peacefully with diaper with all the moisture getting absorbed in the lower layer. Also, changing nappy at night disturbs the sleep of both mother & kid.