1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Using conditioner will result in hair lose or not?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Marikeerthi, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Marikeerthi

Marikeerthi Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,

Whenever i use conditioner i will result in heavy hair fall for few days. So i used to stop it. I dont know the reason why it happens? Will it take some time for our hair to get used to the conditioner? I wanted really soft hair but my hairs are more rough. Apart from conditioner is there any other way to get a smooth & soft hair ? Please help friends.
    Thanks in advance

2. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

Try a mild conditioner than strong one.Massage you hair with mustard or almond oil.Take a balanced healthy diet including salads and green vegetables.This will surely work.

3. Marikeerthi

Thank you so much. I will try with mild conditioner and mustard oil massage.
    :idea.Will be back with results.

4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    I loose lot of hair if I use conditioner.
    Don't know which one to use...

~Punitha

5. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi,

Using a mashed avocado will make your hair soft.

6. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Using a conditioner certainly increases hairfall if applied onto the roots or scalp. You need to apply conditioner only to the hair. If you want to avoid conditioner, there are many natural conditioners available. The one that always works for me is this..

Mix the white portion of an egg with equal quantity of curd.. beat well and apply to hair. Leave it for 30mins to an hour and rinse with shampoo. This will leave the hair soft and silky and shiny.. But when you do this, make sure that you do not add the yellow of the egg to the mixture as it will smell really bad.

Henna is also a very good conditioner... if mixed with tea decoction, curd and egg.

Hope this works for you too.

Great day!
    Sylvia

7. asha_ram

asha_ram Silver IL'ite

hi

the chemical component of certain conditioners will induce hair fall in the beginning but later it will start giving results. but i have stopped using it bcos of the same problem. now i use a mixture of curd, hibiscus leaves, egg white and powdered fenugreek (vendayam). i grind everything together and apply on head. after 1 hr i wash it off with mild shampoo. wash it properly bcos it doesnt goes off easily. dont use a hair dryer. ur hair will become smoother after u do it regularly.try it out.

cheers
    asha

8. kavithai

kavithai New IL'ite

Hi all,
    How to find mild shampoo?
    kavithai.

9. Marikeerthi

Hi kavithai
    As per our the ideas from our friends in the forum, I am using Sunsilk -anti spongee shampoo and conditioner (contains avacado)which is working good. I am giving mild massage with mustard and sesame oil mixture. Its working fine i think so.My hair fall will control after some days i guess. Let me update when i am happy with the results.

with regards
    keerthi

10. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

I had the same problem, but now I am using Himalaya Hair Detangler and Conditioner. This contains hibiscus. Now I dont have much hair loss. I do lose a few hair while rinsing the hair after applying conditioner, but after that there is hardly any hair loss. (I lost a lot of hair with Himalaya Protein Conditioner, so stopped using that).

Its always better to use herbal conditioners rather than one with chemicals. And yes, conditioner should be applied only to the hair, not to the scalp.