1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Useless maids - just a vent to relax my mind

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Archana11, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Archana11

Archana11 Silver IL'ite

Rihana,

I dont know what is the reason but I never understand your responses. I read so many responses of your but still I dont get the meaning if it a sarcasm or your are really understanding and supporting the situation.

Let it be...update is my old maid came and requested my mom that she will join again and will be informing in advance ( who will let go good extra cash every time). When I fired my old maid, my frnd helped me by talking to her maid and making her to accept to work at my place. I told her the situation that my old maid wants to join back and she spoke to her maid (who is now my new maid) and she readily accepted that she is ok with me again hiring my old maid as she also has many houses and struggling to maintain the timings and have accepted to work at my place because of only my frnds request. Even I felt pity on my old maid as her husband is alcoholic and does not earn anything. She joined back on 7th April. Today 16th April she is on off as she has to visit her native place. But she informed this yesterday only. So we have cleaned some utensils at night and rest today morning when the water supply was on ( we have water prb at our apartment. Morning 6 to 9 and evening 6 to 8 water supply. After that all taps will be off including bathrooms, sink and wash area). Sweeping is done in the morning itself as we know she will not come. I'm happy and did not get stressed as I have planned everything. I hope now everyone will understand taking vacation is not my prb but informing in advance is what I need.

sindmani and Rihana like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The lack of professionalism from maid servants seems to be the crux of this thread. Would an employer withdraw a job offer to new employee because old employee wants to come back? Wouldn't employer have to formally fire the employee and give a month's salary as severance? You should give that nice maid at least a saree. And blouse. And stitching charges.

sindmani likes this.
  3. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

I have had worst experiences with maids too.

My mindset has changed totally about these people. I was never taught to treat them indifferently. When I grew the maids used to be like a member of the family. Their children and we all grew together. We all used to study together in the evening. My mom and they used to chit chat. Their family was our family. They knew everything about us and vice versa. Nowadays the trend is changed. The maids ill treat the employers and exploit them as well.

Doesn't matter how much every you give them or treat them they will be thankless only. So set your expectations low. Treat them only as to that level that they are being paid to help you. If they do not comply to your lifestyle change them. It is difficult but we can't help it. We just have to focus on getting our things done (for whatever they are hired for )and not expect any kind of gratitude from them.

Btw.. if they are able to think like us..be grateful be courteous to inform beforehand..respect their work etc.. they would be in our position right !!

4. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Useless maids?
    Really?

6. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

7. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

See above link, this is reality in Gurgaon where I live. After four months with my maid when she asked for 20k and fifteen days leave and when I said I couldn't give her that much amount, she said I am so poor. So this poor housewife again started her housework by her own.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  8. twinklingstar

omg @imhappy is that true....leaves and accompanying to hotels?? are you serious..
    and we tell them poor and all...this is too much. seriously i feel if thsi is the case one day they will be drawing more salary than us...:confused:

imhappy likes this.
  9. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

@twinklingstar yup it's true. They want equality. I think housework is not that we cannot handle, I have done that even before marriage. Before marriage I was responsible for a job, cleaning house, cooking, with grand parents and one terminally ill aunt. Maid only for laundry.Been there done that. After marriage, bed ridden fil, and no maids for any sort of work.
    I cannot stand tantrums and constant demands. Also we cannot afford to pay so much for housework. Here maids fight with us with abusive language, so its like " better burn ur hands than have heartache".

10. twinklingstar

so true yaar...even i would have prefered doing all work myself and would have trained my hubby and children to do some work...
    seriously it si so shocking to read this..omg too much. instead paying them so much ew can buy fully automatic machine and dishwasher...for moping we can buy those moping rods which even children can use...see necessity is mother of invention..isnt it :)

sindmani likes this.