Useful Documents and reading fine prints

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Shanvy, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all,

When I interact with people outside and also with people in il, sometimes, I wonder how much importance do we all give to reading the fine prints, the *.# given in documents.

Now the sebi, says the warning that is read at jet speed "mutual funds are subjecte......" should be read at a slower pace ...to ensure the safety of the investor...

And also, what about power of attorney formats, rental agreements...

if we people are interested we could start of putting the formats here,fine tune them, and also have them as ready references....My 2cents

what do you all think...??

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    I really welcome your idea.It would be most useful.When it comes to tax/shares/rental agreement/property tax papers etc. not many have a clue about it and end up paying huge amount for the draft.
    If e can have all the useful documents, its really welcomeBowis to you dear.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Aishu22,

thanks for the encouragement. I also had problems to get a lease agreement the first time..let us see how many others like the idea..

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Shanthi count me in!!!

I am all for it :) Thats a very good idea. We can also have discussions on what to check and what not to miss in all these important documents.

Nand

5. Sumeru

Sumeru New IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Thats a very good suggestion from your end. All of us go through so many legal/official procedures in our routine life, without having any time to spare on the nitty-gritty details of the same, though we should be aware of the same, so that nobody goofs up things for us. Lets go ahead with this initiative....

6. jeera

jeera New IL'ite

Yes posting some sample formats of documents in financial/legal dealings will really help.

I was looking for a power of attorney format...could anyone help me with a sample format? Would appreciate it very much. Thanks