1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Use for old clothes

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by anmolhai, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Bts

Bts Junior IL'ite

If the clothes are in good shape, especially sarees and bed sheets, children clothes you can pack in individual plastic covers and go for a round on saturday near sai baba temple or perumal koil in any city in India. There are lots of people waiting to get alms. You can distribute to the needy in your own hands. We usually buy some bread or banana along and give away. u will feel good that you have given to the right people only.

Regarding old duppatas , usually my salwar and kurta looks old but duppatas are almost new.I give it to tailor to make short kurtas . It comes out really well. For 75-100 rs you have a new top to go..:) or whose with lil gals can make dresses for them too. Same with attached blouse materials which come with sarees .

2. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

In some cities we can exchange old clothes for steel utensils , its a good way of disposing them. These people roam in the streets, they happily take old saris, gents clothes, old woollens, bedsheets etc.
    Nowadays some major retail stores come out with schemes where we can give anything in return for coupons.
    Old towels can be cut to make dusters for swabbing.
    Best is to donate to maids or servants if the clothes are in good condition.Some NGO's also collect clothes for needy people.

3. shellysethi

shellysethi Silver IL'ite

you can make aprons out of your old and nice kurta and salwar can be mix and matched.

4. fionashrek

fionashrek Silver IL'ite

Hello,

I suggest you donate them..that's the best thing to do according to me. But again, if you'd want to recycle them, you may make quilts as other members have suggested..

Regards,
    Fiona