1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Use for old clothes

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by anmolhai, Mar 9, 2006.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I always make it a point to give off all the clothes which are in good condition either to my maid,or watchman or the ironwallah who has couple of children or groupscalled the Smile in chennnai where they takeonlyclothes.They do not even accept cash.The clothes they get are distributed to orphanages.I have given it to the Monday charity club who do immense social service.I collect and keep some for emergency situations like floods ,earthquakes etc.,

2. bharitha

bharitha New IL'ite

Hi all,

Can anyone please share a tip to remove the bobbling from the clothes,especially from the woollen clothes .

1 person likes this.
  3. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kanaka,

Can you give the phone number of the 'smile' ? It will be very useful to us.

4. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Blondie for explaning the meaning to krishnamma. That was exactly what I meant I couldn't do it since I was busy for the past 3 days.
    Bye c ya
    fiona

5. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi vidya
    can u tell me who makes these razais in chennai if we can give them the saris.thanks in advance.
    luv
    pavithra

6. harinivijay

harinivijay New IL'ite

hi kanaka and others,

could u please tell me the phone numbersof smile and udhuvum karangal ,monday charity club in chennai?

i've lot of new blouses (not even worn once ...i've put on some weight after marriage ...so blouses stitched for wedding ...no use of alterations bcoz of the stitch cuts in tailoring of the blouses..), i want to give them as new to others ..so others can use it .

i'll be coming to my mom's place during july aug ...so the contact details u give me will be of much use ...i dont know this charity in pune as i'm new to pune ...i appreciate ur help in advance .

thank you
    harini

1 person likes this.
  7. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends
    I do not have the numbers of monday charity club and the group called smile.But I very well know where they are located.The group smile is located in the road near Boston school T.T.K road.The group monday charity club is located in a complex next to Ethiraj kalayanamandap in Alwarpet.This complex has a petrol bunk on one side and other side is this kalyanamandap.

8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Everytime I carry old clothes to India and give to people around my mom's place (the construction workers kids).
    Some time I donate it at salvation army...

~Punitha

9. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

hey u can also dye them.. so that they wil change the colour.. after changing the color add some extras like lays or chamki or any gliterring items or mirrors.. etc it looks like new dress only..:hiya

10. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jaanu,

You are correct. You can do 'chamiki' work or 'kungan' work in the dress, so that it will look like new and we like to wear it for some more time.:thumbsup

For even new dresses or sarees if you do 'kundan' work, the dress becomes very nice and they glitter like anything.