1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Use All Your Strength

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Use All Your Strength:hello:

A Dad & son were walking along a country road.

When they came across a very large tree branch on their path, the boy asked, 'Do you think I could move that branch?'

Dad answered, 'If you use all your strength, I'm sure you can.'

So the boy tried mightily to lift, pull and push the branch but he couldn't move it. Feeling discouraged he said, 'Dad, you were wrong. I can't do it.'

His dad said, 'Try again.'
    This time, as the boy struggled with the branch, his dad joined him and together they pushed the branch aside.

'Son,' the dad said, 'the first time you didn't use all your strength. You didn't seek my help.'

This is an important lesson.

There are many things we can't do alone, but that doesn't mean we can't get them done.

We all are surrounded by resources that can be mobilized to help us achieve our goals including family, friends and faith.

Many fail to focus and blind to help nearby but fail to seek it as pride comes in the way.

Sometimes one assume it's a sign of weakness to admit we need a hand.

And sometimes mind refuses to even think of seeking afor help. Whatever the reason, it
    Is important that one learn to use all his or her strength; this includes inner resources such as discipline, courage and even love. It also includes outer resources.

Just as we should be willing to help others, we should not be hesitant to seek help of others.

2. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing this, simply the need of the hour i should say :)

3. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Agree and very true!

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

LKife is like a game of football. The teamwork counts.

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Reminds me of the time when as a kid I would get furious if anyone tried to help me with anything. I always wanted to do it myself or I did not have that feeling of achievement.