US Stock market discussions

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by shravanthika, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hey all

Dow jones looks up and reasons fed cuts.. and now w e are keeping fingers crossed..looks positive for the asian markets...

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,
    Its not only the stocks market which is falling, it is affecting the bonds which in fact affecting the mortgage rates... everything is directly or indirectly affected by US economy.

Regards.

3. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Are you looking to find out information about any particular software? Which one were you referring to?

4. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Yes Shobana....a software which might serve as a research tool to conduct market analysis and potentially chart entry and exit signals....

I have come across a few ads in Investors Business Daily ....but dont remember the names though.....

5. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I know that many financial planners use Morningstar - I dont think that is what an individual will want to use - first, it is not cheap and second it is meant to be used by experts who allocate the portfolio based to the various sectors. I am not familiar with software that we as individuals can use for this. If you are looking for research information, that is typically available by most brokers like Schwab, TD Ameritrade, etc.

6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I am starting to take interest in stock market here in US. My dad in India is into it and had good results. I want to try doing the same in US. Can I get some help. You seem to be very knowledgeable about this .Thanks in advance.

7. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chocolate - glad to see interest picking up in this thread. If you are interested in investing in any stock market, first start with a good understanding of the market - I know that we are not experts in this field, but it does help to understand the market. Most brokerages give you some research - like the ones I mentioned. So, if you open an account with them, they will give you access to their research which compares similar companies, past history, dividend history etc. From my personal opinion, start with investing in mutual funds - that way you spread your risk. Once you get more familiar with the funds, you will get a better understanding of it. Right now, the market is volatile - it is hard to say how things will end up. Good luck!

8. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Shobhana.I will just do that. Also ,my husband told me he will give me a small amount and see how it goes. Say 200-250 .Can I do it for such a small amount.

9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Ohh..koool

Thanks Shanthi for pointing me to this thread!!

So shall we revive this thread on US Market??? Is there anyone trading stocks in US market?

I just bought Citigroup shares ...hoping to see some improvement atleast by next year first quarter

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  10. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi srividya,

I am interested in US market, though haven't started yet. I have just started to read the basics.
    Would love to have some pointers & tips from you on that.
    How do you find the current market trend in US?

vaidehi