Urination while travel during pregnancy.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Deepas, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Deepas

Deepas New IL'ite

Hi All,

Its a little embarrassing to ask but I needed help on this one.

I am 6 months pregnant. I need to travel tomorrow night by volvo A/C bus for 7-8 hours
    to attend my SIL's function and will reach only early in the morning the next day. Since there is an increased tendency to urinate frequently during pregnancy, I am concerned how I am going to manage it during my travel. The bus might utmost stop at night just for one time or may not also.

Does anyone have any idea about adult diapers, brands which should be used and if they are safe to use during pregnancy without catching an infection? Or is there any other way out to my problem.

Any suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks,
    Deepa.

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi deepa,

I can completely empthaize your situation. Bathroom becomes our living room but nothing can be done to that and also not advisable to hold for a long time.

Travel during pregnancy is really a big problem. So its safe if you travel by train.

3. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Deepa,
    Sorry I didn't get a chance to see your post earlier - there are a few adult diapers available - you can check your pharmacy. They should not cause any infection if sparingly used. Limiting fluid intake couple of hours before travel can also help. But remember not to dehydrate yourself. Restricting sweets/sugars from a few hours before travel will also help. You can chew on fruits and vegetables and derive some amount of water from that instead of drinking gallons of plain water. A/c will dehydrate so make sure you don't totally avoid liquids. Keeping extremities warm and avoiding anxiety over the whole travel itself can reduce the urge to urinate. But once you reach your destination remember to get back to your normal water intake routine and may be even a little more for the first day to replenish and flush your system.

-L.

4. Deepas

Deepas New IL'ite

Hi Tamil, Lavanya

Thanks for the response. I managed and returned back safely by God's grace.
    The driver stopped quite frequently during my onward journey. Only I had to suffer on my return journey with vomiting and giddiness. But my husband was quite supportive.

Anyway back to normal now :)

Cheers,
    Deepa.

5. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Good to know Deepa you are back to normal now.

Keep eating some thing frequently and also avoid quick movements to prevent falling down due to dizziness

6. sakthi25

sakthi25 New IL'ite

Hi,

Eat lot of cranberry juice & dried cranberries, drink barley water,yohgut
    if you can eat the barley eat with curd.
    this tip was given by my gyn to avoid urine infection,which i got twice in my pregnancy.