urgently looking for lady for post natal massage in bangalore ,india

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by zia, May 12, 2009.

1. anuudct

anuudct New IL'ite

Re: urgently looking for lady for post natal massage in Tuticorin ,india

Hi,

I delivered a baby on Nov 22 2010 at Tuticorin, Tamilnadu. I would like to avail oil massage for baby and myself at Tuticorin.

Can someone provide me info.

Thanks,
    Anu

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2010
  2. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Re: urgently looking for lady for post natal massage in Tuticorin ,india

Hi 'Anu' ,

I am also from Tuticorin..........born and brought up there. (but living elsewhere in North India, now).

Believe me...........massage to the baby is clearly NOT REQUIRED. People think, the baby muscles are loose and hence need to be massaged. It is actually a myth.

The facts are.............one........baby muscles get toned up on their own, with further growth. This process takes place naturally due to growth hormones and other hormones.

Two, a massage to the tender baby muscles can sometimes cause injury also.

It has been now proved , beyond doubt that massage does not bring any good at the tissue level.

The only good it brings is by its placebo effect............by the 'feel good' factor of touch. Nothing more.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I just wanted to share something here. I do not mean to discourage anyone who is looking for people to massage their babies but I have to tell you what my personal experience is.

My sister and I were the oldest of all our cousins. We have in total of 6 cousins and we have seen them from the day they were born. Out of the 6, 4 were born in a small town where my aunts had access to professional massage people. They got their babies massaged.

The other two were born in a city and their parents didn't have access to people who can give a good massage. So my aunt just used to rub baby oil herself and used to gently stroke and massage.

Result: No difference what so ever between the 6 cousins!

I can give numerous examples like this. usually, massages are done on babies because of mom's concern. there is nothing wrong with that (of course every mom wants the best for her baby). But the baby can make do without a massage just fine.
    So, if you cannot get a professional masseur, dont worry at all. You could gently do it yourself i.e rubbing the oil to your baby's body.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  4. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Precisely said,Rakhii.

The scientific basis is...............there is no need, of massage at all. Kid's muscles mature on their own. People think, muscle get their tone by massaging them, which is not true.

Our son never got any massage. His muscles are fine.

5. shruthijoshi

shruthijoshi New IL'ite

Hi Shilpa can you share the details again?

6. prajnasrao

prajnasrao New IL'ite

hi Shilpa ,

Can you please give me the contact information of the lady you are reffering to ,i require the lady by the end of March 2013.

Regards
    Prajna

7. palls

palls New IL'ite

Hi Shilpa,

Could you please let me know the details of the massage lady. I am due in a few weeks & would require this service.

Regards,
    Pallavi

8. Lprabhu

Lprabhu New IL'ite

Dear Shilpa,

i know now it's been a while since you posted this but I am hoping you can provide me with the contact details of Aruna for post natal massage as I am due in October. Thanks so much!

9. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

I know of a masseur in Talwalkar's gym.Her name is Susheela.She is a trained masseur there&gives personnal massages too,You can contact her @talwalkar's jpnagar branch.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  10. atlantis24

atlantis24 New IL'ite

You can contact Devi in Bangalore. She did an excellent job of doing post natal massage for me and my baby post my second pregnancy.Her contact: 8722882463