1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent reply needed on Canadian visa

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by Yahooo, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

My friend wants to come to canada. She has a couple of questions. I hope somebody can help by answering these

1. Can she apply for visa personally without any consultancy and go to Canada.

2. Which place has many Indians and which place is best to live interns of weather

3. How is the cost of living in Canada? What should be the average salary to survive there for a family of three

4. What would be the rent and school fees on an average

5. What is the criteria to apply for visa.

2. Rubinaleeza

Rubinaleeza New IL'ite

She can't apply forvisa like that..she needs to apply for immigration first

3. swarna2906

swarna2906 New IL'ite

Hello all,
    Did any one appear for the IELTS General midule exam?could you please share your experience?
    What are the links / material you followed.
    It would be really grateful if anyone could help me out in this regards.
    Thanks a ton.

4. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

1) Only if she has a solid job offer. So the employer will give her a work permit . If that is the case she can take family. Some places are really costly. One need more than $1000 for single bedroom apartment or more. It all depends on where you go.
    2) another option is visitors visa/tourist visa- but you cannot work under this visa or stay there for more than six months.
    3) Apply for PR. It may take years to get processed and may be even rejected.

So if some one say they give visa to Canada, don't believe. It is not possible.

Work permit is the best option to go to Canada. But it is not easy to get any job there.

sujithak likes this.
  5. MrCroc

MrCroc Silver IL'ite

I will take it one by one... I have a PR in Australia though I will be moving to Vancouver on a work permit this month due to internal transfer. Today only I got my permit.

Yes! It is called Express Entry. Google it! It can give you PR in canada in about 6 months. It is a bit pricey but privledges it grants are great! BTW, You can apply anywhere by yourself, the reason why consultants are used is a bit twisted. All the application etc are legal documents, meaning if you make mistake you will be facing a law-suite if they found some infromation misrepresented etc. And law usually says - ' Lack of knowledge of law is not a valid defence'. So, people hire consultants or rather representatives. Do not go for travel agents or job consultants. They are usually wrong. Go for consultants who are lawyers or atleast para-legals and registered to work as one.

Toronto and Vancouver come to mind. Vancouver and Victoria in BC are the warmest. They are also fairly expensive

Taxes in Canada are STEEP! Avrage canadian pays around 40% + tax. Also due to Chinese, the house prices and rents are sky high in a number of Canadian cities. I will say a minimum of 100K CAD is a MUST for a family of 3 in a place like Vancouver. There are cheaper places as well.

Depends where you want to live. In vancouver for a 2 BHK, we are looking north of 2000 CAD for a month in rent. There are free public schools in Canada AFAIK.

For Express Entry, it Age, Degree level, Job experience and line of job, English proficiency as demonstrated in IELTS, job offer in Canada, Enough funds for six months, some family members in Canada. Go to www.cic.gc.ca and search for Express Entry to learn more.[/QUOTE]