Urgent--Please someone answer my query

Discussion in 'Indians in New Zealand' started by praba1979, Jan 7, 2011.

1. praba1979

praba1979 New IL'ite

Actually I am in a dilemma (whether to move to NZ or to Australia).............well as an introduction about myself..........

I am from Tamil Nadu, India. Presently I am working in IT in India. I have an experience of 10 years in the software industry. I recently came back to India from USA, after working there for almost 8 years in the IT sector. Recently, I applied for the permenant residence in NZ through the points based skilled migrant category. I want to find a job in NZ even before I get my permenant residence in NZ, because that will give me more points in my permenant residence processing(if i have a job offer in NZ).

1. without a job offer will u still get the PR or the work-to-residence visa ?
    2.Please let me know the source that (like an consultancy) that would help me to get me a job offer in NZ.
    3. Did you have a job offer before moving to NZ (did you have points for a job offer in NZ)
    4. Did you straight away get the <ACRONYM title="Page Ranking">PR</ACRONYM> or the work -to-residence visa first?

I would really appreciate your response.

Waiting for your reply

Thanks
    Praba

2. PrabhaNiv

PrabhaNiv New IL'ite

Hi Praba,

I am Prabha( coincidence!! :)) ,and i m also from tamilnadu(again!! :)) i have 5 plus yrs of IT experience both in india and USA. came here a month back and am looking for a job now. I apply mainly thru seek.co.nz(I did this even while I was in India, but I used to get immediate replies saying that they cant process my CV as they would need me in person for interviews).

Just check the website and you can start applying as most people here use that for changing jobs is what I hear. Also lots of consultancies post their openings there, so most probably you will be contacted by them once you start applying for each vacancy.Besides, unlike USA and India things are seemingly really slow here. when are you planning to move by the way. I hope you understand, slowness is about the response for your job aplicatiosn too!

But I guess they might want at least one interview in person here in NZ. In which tech/domain are you working.

In our case, my husband had a job offer and we got wtr, and that includes my work permit under family stream and i dint have a job in NZ..

I hope this of at least little help to you.
    Prabha

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  3. praba1979

praba1979 New IL'ite

hi prabhaniv,
    Thank u so much for ur reply
    i m into datawarehousing and business intelligence(informatica,cognos).
    how much points did ur husband had for his permenant residence. (i have 135 points now with out a job offer).
    how did ur husband get a job offer in nz b4 moving here from india.?
    how did he get the job offer? is ur hubby is also in IT?
    U MENTIONED THAT UR HUBBY HAD A JOB OFFER...........THEN STILL DID THEY OFFER HIM A WORK TO RESIDENCE VISA?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PLZ KEEP IN TOUCH
    IF U WANT V CAN EXCHANGE EMAIL ADDRESSES
    WAITING FOR UR REPLY
    TAKECARE

REGS
    PRABA

4. PrabhaNiv

PrabhaNiv New IL'ite

HI Praba,

Sincere apologies for the late reply.

My husband moved between the same company, just different locations. and we applied only for w2r, we thought its best to apply for pr after i get a job. unfortunately i have no idea abt the points u r mentioning. we dint hear of that for w2r visa.

Did you check seek/trademe. I am still looking for a job, it seems too difficult to land in first job for asians, unlike uk people. most recruitment companies say their client needs someone with local experience at least 6 -12 months,yet they do help.. I hope ur case would be different given that you are more experienced. I also find that Australian market has more positions, a lot more compared to here. things arre very different here from usa, I am sure u will notice it too in the beginning. This being a small economy and a country!

cheers
    Prabha

5. PrabhaNiv

PrabhaNiv New IL'ite

Hi praba,

if u need any other help, pls provide ur email Id, I will write to u from mine.

Thx!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  6. sajithasajith

sajithasajith New IL'ite

Hi prabha

Saw ur query.......not sure if I am very late..........

Trying to get an employment in NZ while in India is something next to impossible..........u have to be in NZ and need to have atleast a work visa..........or else the chances are so limited......

Now u say u have 135 points..........Look at the current selection criteria........minimum is 100....and since IT is in the LONG TERM SKILL SHORTAGE LIST of the NZIS and since u have 10 yrs experience ur application for a PR should be approved without much obstacles........hope u have a relevant graduate qualification right.......then u are going to make it.

Well, I didnt introduce myself........I am from kerala, right now residing in UAE. So how do I know all these??? Well before UAE spent around 2 yrs in NZ.........did a lot of research on how to get through and still am........so hope the above information helps and glad to help if u need more information.

Sajitha

7. sajithasajith

sajithasajith New IL'ite

Prabha

This is the latest criteria on which the applications for PR or EOI (expression of Interest) were selected, its there on the website

2011 selections and NZ Residence Programme Fact Sheets

<TABLE class=leftpad border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right><TR vAlign=top>

<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=2 summary="Simple table with 3 columns and approximately 4-5 rows." cellPadding=1 width="80%"><CAPTION></CAPTION><TH id=criteria abbr=selection align=left>Selection criteria</TH><TH id=eoi abbr=eois>No. of EOIs</TH><TD headers=criteria>All EOIs at or above 140 points.<TD width=57 headers=eoi align=middle>377<TD headers=criteria>All EOIs with a job or job offer claiming total points between 100 and 135 points.<TD width=57 headers=eoi align=middle>83<TD headers=criteria>All EOIs claiming 15 points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage and with a points total between 100 and 135 points.<TD width=57 headers=eoi align=middle>71<TD headers=criteria>All EOIs claiming 10 points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage and with a points total of 120 points.<TD width=57 headers=eoi align=middle>16<TH id=Total align=left>TOTAL SELECTION</TH><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" width=57 headers="eoi Total" align=middle>547

As far as I know IT is an area of absolute skill shortage. So u can get ur PR even without a job or job offer. See the LONG TERM SKILL SHORTAGE LIST on the website, it will give u more idea.

Sajitha

8. RaagaSaga

RaagaSaga New IL'ite

Hi Praba,

This is Meera, and am from Chennai although of Kerala origin.
    We just moved from Bangalore to Auckland about a year ago.
    To help ur query, we also had 135 points and no job offer under the Skilled Migrants Category. The only options are PR or WTR.
    But based on our IT skills, we got PR. Then, my hubby tried looking for jobs in Seek, but they wanted face-to-face interviews. So, he made a jobhunt trip to NZ and got a job, and then we relocated. Thats our story.

So, you may get PR or WTR without a job offer. Looking for NZ jobs from India is not feasible. The HR want to meet in person...

All the best!

Let me know how it went for you...