URGENT: Party At Home, But Not Inviting Neighbors

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by uma321, Feb 24, 2016.

1. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

We are about to celebrate our toddler's 2nd birthday party at home this week. We are expecting around 35 people for the party and all are Indians.

All our neighbors are non-Indians (whites) and even though I talk to some of them frequently, they're not close enough to invite to a party. However, it will be pretty obvious when ~35 people visit our house at the same time.

My question is, can we get some donuts to neighbors after the party (next day maybe) to celebrate my son's birthday or I don't have to do anything? I should say, we are fairly new in the neighborhood and starting to interact more with the neighbors only in the last few months.

My husband thinks it's rude not to invite them. But I cannot invite them for multiple reasons (all our friends are indians (mostly south) and we won't have any more space for additional people in the house)

Appreciate your inputs.

2. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Distributing Donuts and cake after the party is perfectly fine anywhere.

sindmani and hope2b like this.
  3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Uma

Non Indian's don't feel bad in case you don't call them. Giving donuts and cake after the party is good idea to increase your friendship with them.
    Many of them might not like indian food as they find it spicy. And these people will understand don't worry in that issue.

2 people like this.