URGENT - Jewellery shopping in chennai

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by amsuganya, Feb 16, 2010.

1. amsuganya

amsuganya New IL'ite

hi all
    urgent help needed..

recently i purchased some gold jewels from saravanas jewellery chennai. but after comin to home & i saw that gold necklace was little faded. looks like not fully gold. but my relatives say saravanas gold is pure. i need info is saravanas gold is pure (916 kdm 22 carat). they hav gud designs compared to grt.

in grt also we purchased one necklace. that is more shinning compared to saravanas gold. grt people showed purity of gold also. but saravana stores people didnt showed that. but grt has less designs than saravanas.

please advice me if to buy more gold from saravanas or not

or else if anyother jewellery shop like tanishq prince lalitha kumaran is good also let me know your feedback

2. jani78

jani78 New IL'ite

Probably you can check with another jeweller for the purity. Am not sure about the purity of the gold, but Khazana and Prince at Cathedral Road have gud designs and hav heard that Tanishq can be trusted for its purity!

Have a good day!

3. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear,

Till I was in Chennai I used to hate Saravana. But one of my friends whose father is a goldsmith told me that Saravana store sells the best gold and that day onwards I buy only there. You can test it in someother jewellery shop if you doubt the purity.

4. Ladha

Ladha New IL'ite

Hi,
    I too purchased jewels in Saravana.
    My hubby used to scold me for buying gold in Saravana.
    He used to pull me to Tanishq where you won't find any designs.
    I purchased bangles at Tanishq. They are having machine to check the purity.
    I check my old jewel which I bought from Saravana. In fact the Saravana's jewel had addition milli points in purity than Tanishq jewel. I asked the shop keeper, then what makes Tanishq gold better to buy for more cost. He was saying it is based on the design. In some design they can't mix other metals. I have no believe on it. Even now I am purchasing in Saravana. Now a days I am leaving my hubby at home.

Regards,
    Ladha

5. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi Amsuganya

Dont worry friend, there is a false opinion that SARAVANA STORES GOLD are not upto the mark or quality etc....its not true, even i and my close relatives have made few purchase over there and all jewels are really good and good quality too, and they have more varities and patterns than anybody

If you still have doubt , why dont you check with someother people who do QUALITY TESTING OF GOLD

6. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

My vote is for Tanisq... I have tried some jewells from GRT and Prince in Panagal Park, T.nagar...no regrets...they are good too. Anybody tried Joyallukas? I saw big bldg in north usman road last time i came to India?

7. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

Yes, as others suggested you can check the purity in other jewellery shops. We buy all jewels from Khazana.