1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent Info on Gynaecologists in Virginia.. Anyone ??

Discussion in 'Indians in Fairfax' started by tranquility, May 6, 2009.

1. tranquility

tranquility Bronze IL'ite

Hi Virginiaites !!

Iam just 10-12 days old in this area ..:) and am TTC..
    I require some help from our Virginia Ladies.. Can anyone suggest a good gynaecologist in Virginia area?? Based on your personal experience or from any of your known contacts, if someone can share info about some good gynaecs, or gynaecs I should avoid, will be very useful info for me.I would highly appreciate a prompt response..:thumbsup
    Looking forward for some replies..

2. tranquility

Hey ! No Ladies in Virginia ever visited a gynaecologist? Come on women, I just need a name !!:)

3. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

tranquility,

I like Greenbriar Ob-Gyn in Fairfax. It is a group practice of three doctors. One of them is an Indian doctor (Dr. Sarita Gopal). I love all three doctors and they delivered my second one in January. Only catch is one of the doctors is a male physician - so if you are not comfortable with that then the place is not for you. The three doctors are rated top docs by Washingtonian magazine.

I also have several friends who went with them and they are happy. Check out if they participate with your insurance.

4. tranquility

Hey Thanks a ton Pavarun!! I appreciate.:hatsoff will check up the insurance and go ahead on it.. thanks buddy !

5. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

:hiya

I had my daughter 6 yrs ago in Reston Hospital, VA. My Gyneac was Dr. Evelyn Fellupa. She used to work in Perfectly Female Womens' Health. There were 3 doctors in that group. They take turns at the hospital. I had scheduled 'C' section was on 26th Dec. But, I had an emergency 'C' section on the 15th. Dr. Evelyn Fellupa was on duty in the hospital that day. She is the best! :thumbsup Also, my baby had the 'chord around her neck'. 15 min surgery took more than an hr 'coz of that! My baby is hale and healthy. I had no puss, have no ugly sutures, no backache, no problems whatsoever! :bowdown Touch wood! I referred her to one of my colleagues' wife too! I dont know how she is now. She is gem of a person. Go meet and make ur personal judgement. Make an appointment and insist on meeting her. Lately an Indian Doctor also joined the group. She was new.
    Personally, I dont trust Indian Doctors. One of them suggested my colleague that her uterus should be removed (Hysterectomy) when my friend (colleague's wife) had a prolonged period. My friend was newly married!

HTH,
    R
    Sharada

6. tranquility

Hey Sharda,
    Thanksa lot for your detailed suggestions:). I really appreciate your response. Even Sriha is helping me.. Thank u so much ladies..