1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent: How to handle this situation

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by sweety127, Sep 13, 2012.

1. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

Hi sweaty

Why don't you just go and see why she actually invited you... You said your other friends also restricted from you ... so this might be a good opportunity to gel up with them... But for sure just go without any expectations with the way she might receive you ... You are invited so just go if you are comfortable stay there for a while or just leave quickly saying you have some other work :)

2 people like this.
  2. sweety127

sweety127 Gold IL'ite

Thank you all for your speedy responses

Let me explain the current situation...Some of you had asked me to go to break the ice and know whats going on inside her....Let me explain....THis had happened in the past...She had a problem in office and she called me to discuss that issue over a cup of tea...She was literally sad and she did not reveal her problem to any of her so called friends...She told me since I belong to her task group and told all mean things about my team coordinator...I consoled her and gave some suggestions to soothe her...During those 2 days of tea, I clearly told her that I like her and also asked why she is not interacting with me like she interacts with others...I also told its too odd being neighbours and this sort of mentality doesnt work...She just gave a smile and told nothing like that and again started asking about her office pblms..After her pblm was solved she dint even care to inform me & instead she threw a party to all other friends... I felt terribly embarassed...:( So a honest confrontation has already happened from my side...My stupidity made me even yell my pblms to her those two days in vain...

Some of you had told me not to go...I am her neighbour and if I say no...wont she poison to other guests that I am on the wronger side....Already this poisoning has been done...Its only going to affect my image...Moreover I had done nothing mean or wrong to her...Why should she target me always???One of our common friends blabbered that X is actually jealous of me?? But am not sure....

If she is going to call me what reasons should I tell inorder to avoid her....????

3. shambavi2000

shambavi2000 Silver IL'ite

Don't waste your time and thought on persons for whom you are just an option of convenience, unless you don't mind being 'used' and 'thrown' as and when she feels.

1 person likes this.
  4. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Just visit for the dinner, when you are with the group of friends, just tell like this "X has not invited me for any party, but this time i am soooo lucky that she invited me too, thank you X for giving me an opportunity to be part of your dinner" :rotfl :rotfl By this everybody may know that you are not invited for any party and you are not wrong too.. How is it ?

Hope I didnt hurt you, just for fun :)

4 people like this.
  5. laxmirao84

laxmirao84 New IL'ite

Sure..She is Jealous of you..I experienced the same with my husband's cousin.She used me a lot but avoided me to hang out with friends group.If she needed some help , she would simply call me and take that help from me.I was depressed and couldn't understand why she is doing that to me and decided to teach her a lesson.So I started showing my version too just ignoring though she calls me.Whenever she calls me , I talk to her nicely. I know she calls me to know about my Job and blah blah...I realised and started giving her a hard time telling all my health problems immediately I cut the call saying getting another call.your case is bit different as you need to face her in the office.So go to the party and try to mingle with others and ignore her(only she should notice that ,not others).Act smart as same as she does.Dont take that one into heart..

1 person likes this.
  6. lakshmisathish

lakshmisathish Bronze IL'ite

u r expecting more from her...
    the pbm is in ur mind...
    if it irritates ur mind, get rid of her...
    i dont think whether she has any pbm... u r the one who is expecting spl attention from her...
    u may be one among hundred for her...

1 person likes this.
  7. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Sweety,

I guess you are too late...

I guess you have made a fool of yourself, the first time she did the drama of not inviting you, you should have told your friends about her attitude casually, and stopped trying to be a good friends and ingnored her to the core and should have given her the taste of her behaviour...

I guess you are trying to recover your image after it has been tarnished completely...

Dont worry about any one else you create a new set of friends and if any one asks you why you did not come for the dinner, just reply back I did not feel like coming after being ignored for a long time... Thought she is trying to use me as she has always done...

Regards
    Malar

1 person likes this.
  8. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

I would suggest,just go and talk every one sweeetly and come out of it as soon as your work done.Don't expect anything from her.Next time please please don't offer any free help.She been using you.And don't fall under her trap.

1 person likes this.
  9. falgunid18

falgunid18 Platinum IL'ite

I am sure, she must have called you to lift the dinner plates after everyone is done. DONT GO.

IF she asks, just tell that you had your OWN plans. Ignore her and dont bother about such mean ppl. There are plenty of wonderful ppl out there who will be longing to have a friend like you.

Just ignore her and give the same treatment to her.

1 person likes this.
  10. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

Avoid har completely.. I think she is using u..If not she would talk to u openly...

1 person likes this.