Urgent help needed: to increase milk supply

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Cutiesri, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,
    My child is 4.5 months old and I exclusively bf her for last 4month and now I got my mensus..also I found my milk supply was low..I need to feed her at least for a year..please tell me how I can increase my milk supply and is it possible to increase after4.5 month.pi need to increase it immediately.please please help me friends..

2. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

22views but no reply..pls help

3. mgaur2

mgaur2 Senior IL'ite

please ask a doctor. no use asking people who are not sure.

Aishuvino likes this.
  4. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Consult your paed dear.

5. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Try to take Methi Seeds .Soak them over night and drink that water the next day and a that seeds along with milk or yoghurt.Also eat garlic and Lauki ( சுரைக்காய் ) .In the mornings drink Oats Kanji .Don't worry your milk supply will be back to normal after the cycles .

6. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Lochu,berry and gaur thanks for replying!
    Lochu after periods only my milk supply went down..till now I'm with low supply:-(

7. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Soak Methi seeds overnight and then drink that watre in the mornings and then eat that methi seeds ( you don't have to chew just swallow lit like a tablet ) .do this after every meal for 3 days .Also have garlic in yoru diet and then eat lots of carbs .

8. jive

jive Junior IL'ite

Garlic boosts milk supply. I had to squeeze excess milk in the shower after taking garlic. And the more you pump or feed, the more we get milk. But I tried after 6 months my best but I didn't succeed coz babies need to suck a lot for the milk to supply and my son wasn't that interested after 6 months. So had to switch to formula and he seemed to love it!!:(

1 person likes this.
  9. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

I am giving her the formula milk and when I am putting her on me she doesn't know how to suck..think she forget after using the bottle..but I need to give her my milk at least by pumping and when I pump I get only 1 r 2oz..I need to increase it..I m trying all the ideas given by u all..is there any tablet to increase milk supply all of sudden?

10. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

Keep on pumping every 2 hours. Definitely pumping will increase supply. To see the supply increase it will take few days and it varies from person to person. Eating garlic and methi seeds increased my supply well. Since your DD is used to bottle and I think she is expecting the same BM flow. It happened with me too. I used to give half stomach cow milk(I dint introduced formula at all) and then BM. I did like this till I got back, my supply and stopped the cow milk. Hope this helps.