1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent:help Needed:public Speaking Competition For Grade 4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by nakshatra81, Dec 15, 2016.

1. whistle

whistle Silver IL'ite

@nakshatra81
    Participation is more important than winning. Glad your kids could compete.

I read your original post and read the response which you thought was rude. I agree it was rude. But the poster had a point. I can also see why the response was rude. She spoke it aloud. But did you hear all the other people who did not speak the same things, but thought it.

We all want to help. But we want to help the deserving. You were challenged to prove that you were deserving and you did. Kudos to you.

You also need to thank the poster who pointed your mistake as rest of us in the name of diplomacy will not.

All things aside, you now know your challenge with writing sentences which are short and convey the meaning. Don't forget this, but work on this. Let your kids also work on their public speaking skill, as all leaders need to be good public speakers. I am sure with a smart and hardworking parent like you, your kids will end up successful.

Would love to read the multi-lingual speech, if you would like to share.

butterflyice likes this.
  2. nakshatra81

nakshatra81 Senior IL'ite

Thank you whistle surely i will share. Do you want to hear it through recording?or the final piece he made.today they are absent to school.couple of parents called and congratulated me that my kid is one among the selected as their kids said so and also they said he was loud and clear and moving a bit but my kid denies it.so have to check with the school tomorrow .

3. nakshatra81

Yes dear regarding contraversy,i accept the denial but we are brought up in a way to be polite.you are right there are few people who liked her message are the one showing diplomatic way of saying no.but her words were too harsh and it was like cursing.why I popped in here is to get the ideas in crisp way of making an essay.still I didn't succeed. That's why my son couldn't finish his speech.

4. whistle

whistle Silver IL'ite

Congrats @nakshatra81 for your son getting selected. I am sure you are on cloud nine.

Would love to hear the recording if you can provide that.

If you need help, feel free to ask.

nakshatra81 likes this.
  5. whistle

whistle Silver IL'ite

Dont worry about not able to write the speech in a perfect way in one go. I have written and rewritten speeches over 10 times to get it right and to shave off few seconds. Like anything else, its a skill to practice and master.

6. nakshatra81

thanx whistle,but i have to check with teachers to make sure.yup i hav done umpteen number of times but i couldnt make it crisp and clear.i have also sent the raw pages where i worked in my previous posts.anyhow thanx for standing and supporting

7. nakshatra81

Hi everyone as a boy of 10 studying grade 4 ,it is hard to explain on impulsive purchasing and consumer behavior.Eventhough I am an enduser my dad is the one who spend money for it.so let me explain things from my very little experience.

I know you all are curious to know why I am convinced to buy one item even if it is expensive rather than buying many Items on sale. Let me share my bitter experience from past to tell why I shouldn’t compromise myself on sale, quantity and brand.

Buying items on sale is not my cup of tea.Let me tell you why.

For last public speaking we bought formal shoes at clearance sale from sultan Hussein for me .At the day of public speaking I was dressed up like gentleman with suites and my new formal shoes i was eagerly waiting for my turn. When my name was called and As I approached the lectern to speak, my brand new shoes gave in. Can you imagine if you were in my position, limping your way to the stage.my total concentration was on shoes and couldn’t make my presentation properly.

So now you may know why sale is not my cup of tea.

Secondly I don’t want to compromise quality on quantity

My grandma gifted me Xbox on my 4th bday we were so excited and can’t even wait for a day to buy a good battery for its remote.so we used a china battery which my mom bought as it is 10 times cheaper than energizer battery. After a week the remote wasn’t working. When we opened the battery cover we found the leaked batteries have already spoilt my Xbox remote. Just a matter of few bucks I have spoilt the precious gift of love from my grandma. Since then I have decided not to compromise quality on quantity.

Finally ,let me tell you why I shouldn’t compromise on brands.

When I was 5, I wished for Samsung tab3 .so I told my uncle to buy it . During the time of purchase the shop keeper induced him to buy a new brand named MILA GROW which has been newly launched, its real price is 22000 bucks and intro offer is just 12000bucks.my uncle found it as a good deal rather than going for Samsung which was 25000.guys, you won’t believe it! It just worked for a month .they asked me 10000 bucks to get it repaired. Finally we ended up buying galaxy tab3.

Last winter my dad bought a leather jacket at the end of the winter season’s clearance sale. He awaited it as it is cheap during then and stored it for next winter. Yesterday when he unpacked the bag to take his jacket, all the leather part has peeled and its withering.so it’s of no use. He didn’t wear it even once. Sometimes buying things when unnecessary may end up absolete.so money spent on unwanted things in the name of offer is mere useless.

Be it the new formal shoes that didn't help me in my presentation, or the Xbox from my grandma that the cheap battery ruined (sorry Grandma!) or the Samsung tab3 which I ended up buying anyway, or the leather jacket that peeled before it saw its first winter, an xbox which stops working because I got the cheapest battery for it …all have lead me to believe that to buy one item even if it is expensive rather than buying many Items for same amount. Now I invest in good products. I don't worry about a pen that will stop writing during my exams. At the end of the day, I feel happy and contented because of the products I bought giving me its worth.

Do you, dear classmate and judges, recall any such purchases?"

whistle likes this.
  8. nakshatra81

this is the final piece which my kid presented .perfect finish with all your help...thanks

9. whistle

whistle Silver IL'ite

Good work star ( nakshatra )