1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

urgent help needed -Big confused state of mind.. please help

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by ADAP, Jun 23, 2015.

1. ADAP

ADAP New IL'ite

Hi,
    My DS is one year now, I was working and my leave is over now, I have to rejoin now and Creache facility is there in Office. My problems are
    1.My office is very far from my place and no frequent bus facility.
    2.If I take my baby to office creache we have to leave home around 8am, and we will be back to home around 7pm. (if I come with my colleague in car)
    Please suggest me ladies how baby will feel if I make him travel almost one hour daily?
    Many things are coming to my mind that how to give baby to somebody's hands who can't stand alone, at home after he get up from sleep he runs (crawling) to me with lots of Smile. How he feels if I leave him in creache? He takes long time to eat and in house he have full fredom of playing but in creache its limited, Am feeling very heavy hearted and confused weather to join or not.
    Please give your suggestions, I have to take decision immediately. Please please.

2. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Hey ADAP.. You are having separation anxiety and it is common to all working women.
    Kids gets adapted to new environments better than us. So you shouldn't worry about your kid. He will get used to his crèche and trust me kids love to see other kids. They have a way of communication that we can never understand.

Look at the brighter side. Your kid is going to stay close to you. You don't have to worry about leaving the kid alone at home with a maid or someone and keep wondering if the kid is taken care of. Since it is a crèche run by the office...I am sure they have trained staff and they will take care of your kid.

Trust me. I was very apprehensive too when I had to get back to work . I had employed maids and every single minute was hell for me thinking of how my kid will be taken care of. The maids are such a burden. We have to keep them happy...cook for them. Listen to their nonsense and what not. Also the kids will not learn anything from the maids. After much drama, I put my DD in a crèche close to my office and it was the best decision I ever made. There is no looking back since then. Initially we need to tell them what to use for the kid when changing the diaper..their food intake timings etc...We may have to constantly ask also the caretakers.how the kid did that day... But after a few weeks, the caretakers understand the baby and a routine will be established.

Dont worry about the 1 hr travel. Only adults get tired.. Babies enjoy their rides and mostly sleep off. Just be brave.. Many of us have done and you can do it too.. Just take the first step and see. You will not regret.

1 person likes this.
  3. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Crèche in office is a big noon . Try and avail the facility. My only concern is 1 hr log bus ride . Try it out initially but look out for alternate arrangements , can some one drop you and pick from office . Is there any hange to
    move closer to office ?

Dont wory , your kid will enjoy with other children .

2 people like this.
  4. ADAP

ADAP New IL'ite

Thanks Vanitha.. Day and night am thinking about this matter whether to join for job or not.. Am I making small babys days hectic. Like this sooo many things.. As you said many moms are facing the same problem. Let me take a change and. I will see how he will react.. Feeling confident now.. Thanks again

1 person likes this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...I have never been in this situation but regarding traveling,I can just write about one experience.

My daughter was in nursery and would go to school by bus. The road to the school was all dug up because they were making it into a state highway .I used to feel so bad that my little baby had to travel on that bad ,dug up road.

One day we as a family had to travel on that road.Both my daughters were on the back seat. (those were the days when seat belts were not mandatory for front seats,leave aside back seat)
    I heard my younger one tell her older sister,"ab bada maza aayega....jump jump karenge "(We will have fun now jumping around).They were so happy being jumped around on the bumps like they were in an amusement park. Later on the teacher on bus duty also told us that that was the favorite stretch of road for all the kids on the school bus. We ended up with aches and pains ,but my daughters were all smiles.

The experiences of children are different from adults.Use this traveling time to bond with your baby. Teach nursery rhymes,tell stories or just explain the scenery outside the window.Make the trips special for you and your baby.

3 people like this.
  6. ADAP

ADAP New IL'ite

Thanku yellowmango.. after receiving positive replies I am feeling confident now. I will rejoin and if he's ok to that atmosphere I will continue the job or else I will quit. I will not miss the opportunity..

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Don't quit in a hurry. It takes children some time to adjust.Your child will cry and your heart will break into a million pieces but things get better .

Every mother has to face this day .Some have to do it earlier ,some do it later. Even stay at home moms have to deal with this heart break of leaving a crying child in play school. It is not easy ,but things settle down.Some kids settle down in hours ,some take months.As long as the baby is well looked after and safe ,it will be fine.
    A Creache facility in the office is a God send. Do make the most of it.

8. ADAP

ADAP New IL'ite

Thanku Yellowmango.. I Will wait for sometime and see..