urgent help! my mangalsutra chain got unhooked

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by lavii, Apr 30, 2010.

1. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

i am terribly upset rather i am afraid about the outcome
    i am in office now and all of a sudden my chain which has mangalyam got cut off..i m not sure what i can do now.its hanging in my neck i dont have any thread or something to stick it
    any suggestions please?

2. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Lavii

Dont worry just put some safety pin to rejoin it.or else u get it fixed once u go home. It happens dear coz we are wearing it day in and day out and with time it gets worn out. It happened to me once too 3 years back. my Maglsutra got unhooked and fell down in front of me.

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

lavii
    Come'n...dont think silly.....sometimes gold ornaments get unhooked because of its quality may be. Just put it in your bag. Evening you can just hook it back from a jewellery shop. Dont make it as a big scene.
    NOthing will happen, its just an incident.

4. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

ah deep and priya mommy thanks for quick reply
    honestly i am not that senti person but dono why my mind is making me feel nervous.trying to calm down..i called my husband nad even he is taking it easy says wil fix it tommorow no need to say to my mil :drowning

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Don't worry, Lavii! Your DH will be safe and sound & you guys will celebrate your 60th Anniversary grandly with kith and kin surrounded. :thumbsup

Just use a safety pin or rubberband to hook it tigether. If none is available, it is OK, dear.. put it on your handbag. Come home, pray , get it repaired and rewear it.

It would help if you hear your DH's voice and he tell you it is ok and he is ok. :) Come on, it happens sometimes, and there is no connection to that and your DH's wellbeing.

6. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

mstrue
    ya i called him up to check as soon this happened
    happily he is watching a new telugu movie with his friends in theater..he is taking it very easy .i asked him if he can check with his mom if something has to be done nad he said no need to inform anyone :hide: and we can go tomm and fix it

7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Smart move. :thumbsup Glad you feel better now. :)

8. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

thanks for the concern mstrue
    ya feeling lil better now

9. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Thts good!! Btb which movie??Simha na??

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Less tension...Feel great that you are not married to mama's boy..i know this is quite senti but dont think about all these now...as many of our friends advised try to fix it with a rubber band or safety pin..else keep it safe in your bag..

above all stop thinking about this..and stop disclosing this to anyone...to avoid unnecessary insight about this..cheer up dear

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010