1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

urgent-- first time head shaving

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Padmash, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,

We are planning first time head shaving for my son Harsh at Tirupati. Can any body tell me their experience for this ritual... do i need to book any pooja ticket specifically for first time head shaving, is the priest available their to perform pooja before head shaving.... I am totally unaware about Tirupati head shaving procedure.. moreover this is first head shaving for my son.. So please guide me..

thanks,
    Padma

2. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

Try
    Manager
    TTD Information Centre
    16<sup>th</sup> Cross, Vyalikavel
    Bangalore - 560 003
    Ph:080-23445432/23315361

Arunadhri

3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Arunadhri,

thanks a lot for the information. I will contact this number tomorrow.

thanks,
    PAdma

4. SLV

SLV Gold IL'ite

My experience from my trip in Dec 2010 goes so:
    1. Currently its simply impossible to get tickets for any kind of Darshan, if you decide to go around Sankranti, it did be the best time as its less crowded.

2. You have to keep 3days in hand and go to Tirupati. If you land today, stand in the queue for tickets, you may get lucky to get it for the next day or day after that. So first get the tickets for Darshan.

3. Next plan the Mundan accordingly. There are no priests to do any kind of rituals. They would just shave, you pay and leave. Nothing much to expect there. We did for my nephew and niece. There would be a lot of queue for this too, you can strike a deal with one of them , offering to pay a little more and he would come to your lodge room and do it clean and neat. Don't forget to Carry Sandalwood paste and other such antiseptic and coolants yourself, don't trust them to be giving all this to you.
    You will need to apply this soon after the shaving. Be prepared.
    Also carry some pacifiers for your child, not all kids would enjoy getting this done. MY nephew through a huge cry and made a big scene, my niece was easy to handle. Take his toys, chocolates all that you might need.
    There are no privileges if its first time or so....just get it done and have all the rituals back home. Its just an offering done at God's Sannidhi and don't have any more expectations than this.

4. Its a little different if you are climbing up the hill. For these people there are certain privileges. You get a Darshana ticket on the way and this takes less time than the general queue, Mundan is done free and you also get free boarding and lodging- not sure how the facilities are.

My suggestion- Mundan will happen hassle free, make sure you get a ticket for Darshan, that's the toughest thing.

Good Luck!