1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent...Decision regarding a job..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by creeper, Oct 16, 2010.

1. creeper

creeper Senior IL'ite

Hello ladies..

I have an issue..
    i am not working from say 1 1/2 year... this is due to my fear of facing interview. And due to this i have faced soo many issues with my DH... he said that he wanted to change his job field and as he is the only income source he couldn't take further step in his career and if i could make money for basic needs , he can take further step..
    for that also i failed to show some action and at last i applied for a admin post which pays me 2500 $ montly(before tax). first he agreed to go for it. but my joining date has been delayed and my DH again started saying that i am not supporting him financially and i should look for a field job as soon as possible. and he is worried that if i took this admin job i will be stuck in this and i will be satisfied with the 2500$ PM and will not go for my field job. But i tried to tell my Dh that as i failed to get a job in my field my confidence levels have come down and if i take this and do for about 6 months or so, i can regain my confidence and apply for my field jobs.. but my DH is not ready to agree with me,..he is saying i will not apply for my field jobs if i take this job and be stuck with it..
    what should i do ? should i take this job or directly wait for my field job(couple of times i applied and failed to get a response from them)..please ladies tell me what to do...
    i am planning to take it..and prepare for my field job interviews and go for it and in mean while my DH can also change his field and improve his career.. what do you say...am i right thinking like this...next week i need to start this job...please pour in your thoughts.....please..................

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Basiccally what is this nagging business of who should take what kind of job? Is this some another controlling type of thing?

Arent you an adult and cant you decide what suits you best? Your husband really needs to be told to keep his opinion to himself.

I should have aksed him back , that I want you to take a VP job, but I see that you are not able to get it:bonkso quit your current job and plan on becoming a VP or CEO of a company. that should have conveyed the right message to him on what he is asking you to do.

Now am angry with him. First of all he doesnt share what he is doing etc all hte info with you, and there are somethings that he doesnt want to involve you in making decisions, but he wants to even talk about what job would suit you ornot, what job you should take, how you should feel etc..etc. All CRAP

Lady, time for you to really stand up and tell him, you are a grown up. you know what you can handle. You will do your best to support him financially in WHAT YOU CAN DO. Tell him not to push you too much as it wont work with you because you know what you can handle and what you cant.

Do what you think is right. For me it looks like take the admin job. ATLEAST something is better than nothing. A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. Who knows when you would get the field job, you can always try for it with more peace of mind rather than this nagging guy behind your back and it would worry you more.

So tell him atleast you are bringing home 2500$ instead of 0. and pls pls pls...BE ASSERTIVE. dont make him look at you like a kid who has to be told which job you can take or what work you can do.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010