1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

updates on MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by deepideepi, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

:))
    Here u go!

Understanding Genetics

1 person likes this.
  2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

3. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Correct me if I am wrong. But the article says about passing of XY pair of chromosomes, that is the sex chromosomes only. What about the remaining pairs? The grandson could inherit those pairs from paternal grandmom right? This probably explains older Indians' penchant for "the male child". The Y chromosome will pass from one generation to another only thro the male child?

4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

My God . Even now some elderly people think about abortion of girl child .They dont understand the pain of mothers.

5. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

I have seen mothers also who dont have any problem with the abortion of gal child because they themselves want a boy child as it provide a certain status in indian soceity as per them...

6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True. In a patriarchical society, it is possible. we have to change the entire system of thinking woman as inferior to men. Stop dowry , stop confining them inside the kitchen. If all this happens , then awe ca n say we are truly independent.

7. RedFlower

RedFlower Silver IL'ite

My PILs are coming this evening... My MIl is not talking to me for the past 1 month... Will make this thread active

8. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

Welcome to this thread.

9. RedFlower

RedFlower Silver IL'ite

I am married for 2 years and on TTC journey for the past 6 months. PILs staying with my SIL to look after her children and would visit us often. My MIL and FIL doesnt have good bonding. MIL would shout at FIL and would call him names, no matter wherever she is and whoever is around. But FIL would remain silent. On seeing all these from childhood, DH doesnt have a opinion on marriage and doesnt want to get married. But his parents and relatives convinced him to get married.
    Though he has accepted for marriage, he was so scared what if the girl who he is going to marry will behave like his mom? So he used to dominate me from the initial days. He used to say that ladies doesnt know anything and the males in the family will decide the rightthing for everybody. On certain matters, if I have ask him what has he decided to do, he would reply 'whatever I do will be right. Dont question me further'.
    He has got lot of loans and liabilities borrowed for helping BIL business and doesnt have a single rupee as his saving till date. He would not share any finance matters with me.
    His parents doesnt have any properties or earning but would spend so lavisshhhhhly that DH sends them monthly.

I, with the thought that everything should be transparent between husband and wife, used to tell everything to my husband.
    And complained about my inlaws to my husband and also raised my voice to in laws at times. That was the biggest mistake I have made. DH would say everything to his parents and the usual drama would begin. Now I am tagged as bad DIL and have come to this house only to brake all relations.

With lot of self talk and analysing the situation, I have realised the mistake and doesnt complain about his parents.
    For some issues in the past, MIL is not taking with me for the last 1 month but would irritate me in all the things I do.

If we want to travel to his native place, we would go only on train or bus and it takes 10 hrs to reach home. DH booked flight for PILs travel from home town to our place. Dont know from where did he borrowed the money from, for this flight booking. Yesterday night PILs came with SIL's son.
    Me and DH used to sleep in our bedroom which has AC. MIL is not used with AC. She would catch cold/fever if she sits in AC or eats something cool. So she slept in the hall/living room. She said she is feeling hot in the living room but also cant sleep in the AC bedroom. So asked DH to keep the bedroom doors open to get some chillness and DH too did that... :bang:bang:bang
    Asusual, she has started to fill in DH ears about me and I am ignoring all these.
    Dont know what to say about these things and venting out here. The only thing that gives me peace for now is I know the date when she is leaving. So started the count down for the days that she is staying here.

10. adimad

adimad Silver IL'ite

Very common trick MILs play all the time to ensure lack of privacy and closeness between the couple. Saw my grandma doing it to my mum too.