1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

updates on MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by deepideepi, Mar 14, 2015.

1. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

It was a sulky day for me with mood swings.. I purposely opened this thread to read updates about deepi MIL.. Sorry deepi I don't have solution though but :rotfl:) Reading your narration and your comic way of description about your mil activities.. Am relieved out of my stress...

1 person likes this.
  2. Me1

Me1 Silver IL'ite

Yes, I do that daily.. and for MIL twice

3. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

I was reading about genetics and how a baby's genes form from his parents and grandparents. And here is the irony...apparently grandson has nothing in common with his paternal grandmother ie MIL.

Since boy is XY, his X is derived from his mom and her side of the family and Y (male) chromosome is derived from his dad and dad's dad. Dad's mom just doesn't figure in the equation.

grandson shares more commonality with his maternal grandmother than paternal grandmom. And the saddest part is granddaughter gets her genes from the paternal grandmother. Daughter is XX, one X from mom and the other X is from dad's mom. Of course there is a lot of mixing and matching but the gist of the matter is granddaughter shares her genes with MIL more than grandson.

And to think some MILs pine for grandson and don't hesitate to "abort" girl child who's got more of their own DNA.

9 people like this.
  4. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

Oh god its really giving me a headache. In the first day my dd really gave attention to pil but day by day she started loosing interest on them. She slowlt reduce her playing and talking time with them. For this reason pil r mad at her.They r really jelous that she like me and love me more than them. I know my dd is very active and stubborn kid and do opposite of what we say. She is a toodler and its normal for her age. Because of this mil staryed calling her ghamandi(proudy) and greedy too coz she doesn't let them touch thing related to me n her dad. They r nagging her every now and then.Come on calling proudy and greedy infront of her. She doesnt even know the meaning of those words. I feel like slapping my mil. I got mad to my husband. He know mil is wrong but not telling anything to her.

Yesterday was my dd birthday. Last month we unvite our sil to come for birthday but she told that her son have board exam so couldnt come on that day. She will come here after 13 only. So by all of our wish considering the genuine reason for not coming we lostpone her birthday function for 15 days. But i felt that we did injustice fof her for postponing bd for 15 days. So me n my dh decided to keep small function for her on her real birthday. I invited her best friend. Just made poori sabji and kheer and brought one bd cake for her with one gkft from my side. They make issue for this too. Why cake why gift why new dress. Is we r celebrating after !5 days why to waste money. I felt so bad. My point was just to make my dd halppy in her real birthday.

1 person likes this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

My DH gets mad at me if I tell him that my DD has his moms genes in certain aspects. What to do? Now I will have this genetics study to support the idea. Post any links if u hv

6. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

@deepideepi. Your MIL is really a pain in the neck. How can she tell a small girl as 'ghamandi' !!! .. If I was you.. i would have turned mad.
    Sometimes you can't even talk back to such people. How can you reason with them ? Only solution is to say bye-bye to them...

Do they stay with you permanently or is it temporary ?. Girl !! you are really brave putting up with this nonsense day in day out ..!

7. VanithaSudhir

Ah!! My MIL is good... ..but my DD exhibits lot of my qualities than my DH or anyone else..in the family :) :) :)

8. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Thats the reason most MIl dont want to see their own photo copy alive and roaming around in front of her. She hates herself.:mrgreen:

3 people like this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Too much looking at the mirror when pregnant? When my DH started talking non-stop when she was 2.5 he would happily say "Sabaash sariyana potti".

10. VanithaSudhir

ha ha ha..Nope. I didn't have much time to spend in front of the mirror. Was working until the day before delivery. Moroever, I was puking very badly.. So it was a grind.. :)
    Look wise, she is a mix of me and my DH. Otherwise my CLONE . :hatsoff