Upanayanam in chennai. Request hall and caterers suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by Dolphina, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Dolphina

Dolphina New IL'ite

Hi All,

we are planning to conduct upanayanam for our son in chennai and need some recommendations for small hall with a/c to accommodate around 250 guests. The hall must be clean, modern and classy with all amenities.

If you have any suggestions for caterers with excellent record of tasty variety food, please let us know. We live abroad and we want this occasion to be one with all the family and food must be excellent.

suggestions for any event management company who will arrange hall, food, vathiyars, host the event all in one package are also readily welcome. As it will make our planning easier.

Budget and location is not an issue.

thank you sooo much for your help:)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014

2. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

read this in paper . Check chennaihalls website to get halls.

one of my friend is doing event management (what do u mean by hosting in upanayanam??!!).

Could be please be more specific reg the date,location in Chennai , and also food (eg south indian? ) so that I can give u suggestion

3. Dolphina

Dolphina New IL'ite

Sorry for long delay in reply. Only after so long have we narrowed down the date.

By hosting I meant event planners. we will be busy during ceremony. We wanted somebody to take over receiving guests, handling the caterers, gifts, refreshments, photography, hall decoration.

We have dropped the chennai location and have opted to do it in our hometown. But to answer your question, anywhere in chennai would have been fine.

thanks for your reply.

4. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Ok. My best wishes for the ceremony