untouchability is a sin

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by vidyasundar, Oct 20, 2007.

1. vidyasundar

vidyasundar Bronze IL'ite

hi friends

i really wonder why the forum INDIAN NEWS left untouched. only few starts thread and do posting most of the time RSS is the only person.

is it bcos we women dont have time to spend on about the happenings around us since we have our own world we, our husband and our children with all household chores to be accomplished and inlaws problems hunting for recipes:confused:

i wanted to post this in that forum being afraid this wud also go in that unread list im posting it here......... im not blaming anybody.......... i dont have complaints or any sort of issues with this and its none of my business also........... just wanted to share thats it.

about racism in cricket

There has been so much talk of racism in cricket on NDTV. But it is quite interesting to note that this is the first time that it has been happened and highlighted in India. This sort of racial abuse has been seen in other countries, including Australia. Indians as a rule don't seem to abuse anybody racially. But be that as it may, racism should be condemned and cricket should be played in the spirit of sportsmanship.

regards
    vidyasundar

2. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear vidyasundar,

You are right that racist attacks are more in countries like Australia and England. Having lived in both these countries and having seen I am saying this. To quote two incidents, one during the Ashes contest between Australia and England last year involving Andrew Symonds again and the other during the Australian open tennis. It seems in the history of Australian Tennis, it is the first time it happened in January, 2007 in which there was fist fightings betwen two ethnic groups. The big racist attack on Sydney beach two years before had sent shock waves. During the Indian tour of England recently Indian bowler Zahir Khan was teased by English players by throwing candies in front of him is nothing short of a racist attack.

Regards,

TDU

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear VS ,

I read that news... But the news said that spectator showed monkey gimmicks against A.Symonds... Racism is generally for black/white... If I am not correct... This is basically done because of the gigantic physic and the hair style of the player... May be I am wrong...

I dont think that it is a racial abuse.... Though they have classified it as so...

4. vidyasundar

Dear TDU Sir,

There are many other instances of racism in the game.

England Captain Tony Greig found himself in an awkward situation in 1976 after he made his infamous prediction that England would make the West Indies 'grovel.'
    Viv Richards and the rest of the West Indian team took offence and registered what is now called a 'Blackwash' in the series.
    In recent times, Roshan Mahanama said Australian fast bowler Glenn McGrath called Sanath Jayasuriya a 'Black Monkey.'
    The famous 'Mike Denness' incident is not forgotten either. After six Indian players were banned for excessive appealing, Shaun Pollock's unrestrained appeals during that Test immediately sprung to mind.

But what happened to all those named above? puzzled why aus and eng cricketers only ? its continuing and it continues.

Dear Vyshan sir,

I otallly agree with you Racism is when someone is differentiated on the basis of their race or colour.

I fail to understand as to how in the Symmonds' case the issue of racism even came up.

1. Monkey is an animal and NOT a race at all.

2. The skin colour of the average Indian is not significantly different from that of Symmonds.

There is no basis of racism here at all It just sounds like a bit of Monkey business :bang am I being racist!

would like to know how would the monkeys feel if it is compared with symond???:-(

Instead of refering black or white its just an euphimistic way of abusing racially may be..........

:confused: do I sound controversial?????????

regards
    vidyasundar

5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear VS,

Yesterday in the Times channel i read a headline stating that ASymonds is unhappy about the way his comments are twisted.... Is it some thing which has really taken place or again a media hype and australian gimmick....

6. vidyasundar

Dear Vyshan sir,

here it goes as

Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds has expressed unease at being under the spotlight resulting from his “badly misrepresented” views in the media, saying he never made a complaint of the crowd behaviour during the just-concluded One-Day International series against India.
    Symonds, however, appreciated Indian authorities for taking action on the repeated racial taunts from the crowds in Mumbai.
    “I feel that the print and television media have badly misrepresented my views at times over the past three matches,” Symonds said.
    “Over the past couple of weeks I feel as though I have been put in a situation that is not of my making. Anyone who knows me will understand that being the focus of this particular story is something I'm not comfortable with,” he was quoted as saying in the Australian media today.
    Symonds, reported by the media as the target of Indian crowds' monkey chants in Vadodara and subsequently during the Nagpur and Mumbai matches, said he never complained of racial taunts but only answered media queries.
    “I never made a complaint at any venue but I did answer media questions asking whether I had heard the chants aimed at me in Vadodara. I said at the time that I wasn't particularly bothered by it as I tried to defuse the original situation by interacting with the crowd.” Symonds said he would rather prefer that the focus be on the game of cricket. “I understand racism in all sports is a sensitive, serious and global issue. I would much prefer the focus be on the cricket,” he said.

mere escapism what else

7. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear VS,

In nutshell, it is a mere hype and a gimmick... Great... But it has attracted all corners, including the ICC... Oneway thanks, it has made the BCCI officials to look into the behaviour of the crowd and increase the security levels....

great...