Untimely death and its effects.

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by ShilpaMa, Apr 16, 2010.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

I have a special needs child along with a normal one and I still get overwhelmed with the thought.. what went wrong.

I'd posted this question to a few astrologers and priests soon after the child's birth & they asked me one thing.. was there any untimely death in your inlaws side... and if not then it was not the right time for birth.

I did read a book on Hindu mythology which talks about birth & rebirth and concept of PUT.

Has anyone heard and read anything related to same? I happened to mention it to MIL & she clearly refused to know any... even though her own brother ended his life pretty young out of family pressures & she maintained that its not required for a daughter to attend any of the funeral ceremonies of her mother's side after she gets married so it can't be related to her side atleast.

I am not in a blame mood for anyone but really want to know if there's something that needs to be followed for untimely departures & the peace of the soul.
    Also then whats the right time of birth, I always felt that if the time was not there, birth would never take place.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Hi Shilpa,
    Although I do not have kids as yet, I understand your feelings as a mother. I can only say that God is always on your side.

I am not an expert on this subject of after-life,reincarnation and Karma, and am trying to read more in order to learn. I have read the following books:
    1) Laws of the Spirit World by Korshed Bhavnagiri
    2) Many Lives Many Masters by Dr Brian Weiss

Based on these, I am giving my interpretation. Please understand that my intention is not to hurt you or your family, before you read further.

We are spirit beings in human form. We are here on earth to learn, face hardships, and ultimately join God. As there are many lessons, we take many births. Karma accrued in the previous births, whether good or bad, plays a major role in the circumstances of the current birth.

Just think of the college examinations. If we do not pass an exam in a year, we get an ATKT. In the next year's exam, we have to study both the syllabus of the previous year and the current year.

Similarly, if in the current lifetime we do not learn the lessons intended for us, we have to face the next lifetime with those lessons+new lesssons, making the next lifetime harder.

Before being born, we determine the time of birth, choose our mother and the time of death. Suicide / muder do NOT fall in the plan of God. Also souls reincarnate in groups, so that the karmic debts owed to each other can be fulfilled.

Again I am reiterating that this is just my understanding and please do not get hurt. Your husband's uncle might have reincarnated as your son, giving an opportunity for all in your family to repay your karmic debts.

Since your son has chosen you as his mother, he is sure that with your strength of character and good nature, YOU will help him in his spiritual journey.

All of us hope and pray that this is just a passing phase. Moden medicine is showing promising developments day by day, and the day will not be far when your son will be completely cured.

Can you please give me the list of the reading material on this subject of birth, rebirth? I do not know about the concept of PUT.

One more suggestion from me...In Rameshwaram, there are some rituals for pleasing our departed ancestors. Other experienced people in this site will be able to give you more details on this.

Once again, I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery for your son.

Raji

3. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

Just get the thought out of your mind that there is a right and wrong time for birth.
    Birth takes place as a biological function or by medical intervention if the situation demands it.
    How can an unnatural death be the cause of any congenital problem the poor child has?
    Enough unto the day the evil thereof. Let us not add to the real problems by inventing paranormal ones and then go after correcting them with homas and havans.

I am sure of the loving care you will be giving to the disadvantaged kid. I also know the agony this causes along with the anxiety for the future. At the same time, it is very important not to neglect the normal one. All the plants in the garden need to be nurtured. The wilting one more perhaps, but not at the cost of the normal one.

Once again, give up searching for supernatural causes for the trouble. To what end? How does it alter even one little bit anything happening now?
    You have your hands full. Do not overburden yourself.

4. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Raji, thanks for your soothing words, I know what you explained did fit to what I read from the book "Myth & Mythology" writer I'll let you know.

Aruna, I agree to your approach as well, however am not getting myself engulfed in the spiritual journey, infact my DH has same approach as yours but then there are times in life when I do turn to it to find some answers.

I'm not even looking for homas/ havans or any stones or remedies for the condition, am also not worried about his future as am being counselled to what to expect. I shall contribute to it to fullest.

This post was made specifically in spirituality section to get replies from people who believe in it & can share any information on this angle am sure there are as many non-believers and I respect them too.

How does it alter even one little bit anything happening now?
    It does make a difference to me to go on a spiritual journey even if its of no apparent benefit to you.. maybe that journey can help me get over with temporary pain of seeing the child frustrated for basic skills & finding solace in mythology for many unexplained questions & answers.
    Just as my hands are full so is my heart & each one has their own approach to find an answer. I respect yours... you do to mine.

5. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Shilpa,

My virtual hugs to you.I have been reading your posts in IL.

This is purely a God's decision.One of my friends has consulted an astrologer to know when will she get to see her child,he said,She will never become a mother.She was flattered to pieces and delivered a baby an year later:hide:

Another friend got a reply that she will get twins.She has filed her docs for adoption and waiting to see a baby.

As you said,baby is formed when time comes.It is purely a supernatural thing.If God feels that it is not the right time,He takes all the necessary steps to overcome it.

This is JMO

6. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

I apologise if I sounded abrupt. I just wanted you to be aware of some exploitative situation. You must do whatever gives you solace.
    You have all our best wishes.

7. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Rajalakshmi, Aruna thanks dear.. np for your straight replies.

If God feels that it is not the right time,He takes all the necessary steps to overcome it.
    Exactly this was my belief.. hence god wanted the child to be here and as Raji mentioned -
    Since your son has chosen you as his mother, he is sure that with your strength of character and good nature, YOU will help him in his spiritual journey.

It really strengthened me.. I am looking for such supportive words for self heal and no physical remedy from spirituality.

Now I come back to the first quest and the header of this post.
    Should we keep hatred in our heart and not attend the final rites of our relatives especially for an untimely demise?
    According to me birth and death are two ultimate phenomena in which we should just keep our ego aside and just pray for the parted soul & attend the basic rituals of last rites or celebrate the new life however it is.

In the name of modernity or animosity can that be bypassed?

8. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

That is exactly how it should be. Personal animosities have no place in such situations.

9. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Shilpa,

I like the way you put your words..May God give you the enough courage to do your best in whatever steps you take!

10. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Arun Sir,
    I just read one of your replies on -
    We are proud to be ILSenior Citizens!!

I was :hatsoff after reading it.
    Glad to know that :wowyou're still a non believer & probably the eldest contributor on this forum.
    My apologies for mistaking your identity and if I sounded rash to you.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010