1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Until We Meet Again…!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AbhiSing, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Abhi,

See friends are like the leaves of the tree, they fall in autu, and new ones take their place.

I had some good 10 friends in Jaipur and 2 good ones in Mumbai, for the last many years, and i thought i will never make otehjr good friends.

Butr surprises of surprises, i have made so many great friends now, i am amazed.At Indus i have Cheeniya as my best friend, Sunkan, and from the other site, i have two dozen really good ones, and we keep talking on the phone, and they have become very dear to me, and more are being added everymonth.

So dont stop making friends, just understand, that this is life, some will go and many will come in.

Regards

kamal

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Abhi,
    so happy to see you here after a gap !!Yes as you say friends play an important role in our life. I used to make lot of friends in my school and college days. But now I did not have any connection with my friends. It gives pain to me a lot.
    Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.You have beautifully narrated this as a poem . so happy to recollect my olden days and was with my friends for few minutes.Now I am making friends in this unique forum.
    with love
    pad

3. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi !
    Though your friend's moving away was a sad occassion, it did act as a catalyst to bring out this warm and beautiful post from you. It was wonderful to read your paean to Friendship.
    Friends are indeed cushions you can depend on during times when even family cannot provide that particular shoulder to cry on.

I get along with almost everyone , so new friends keep coming in , even as old ones keep disappearing. But I take time to make Best Friends . I maybe very close to only a few, but I value everyone who give me their time or ears and reciprocate in same measure.

The most number of friends I have made in the shortest period of time was after becoming a member of Indus !

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Common Abhi...as you had mentioned...technology keeps us closer...
    Sudha is only miles away from you..but not away from your finger-tips..(I mean the motherboard) log in and she will be there to talk to you..:thumbsup

I am on the same verge of feeling as one of my close friend, through IL, Gowri..is leaving for good to Chennai in about 2 weeks..:-(
    Making plans with her of how to keep in touch, our timings, etc..

sriniketan

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Abhising
    You wrote on the sad part of the friendship namely that of parting and Natpudan follows it with an ecstatic prosem on reunion!

Your thread reminds me of what Longfellow says about parting of friends:
    "Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing, only a signal shown, and a distant voice in the darkness; So on the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another, only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence."

The genius Kannadasan wrote in Raktha Thilakam:
    "pasumai niraindha ninaivugalae
    paadi thirindha paravaigalae
    pazhagi paditha thozhargalae
    parandhu selgindrom naam parandhu selgindrom"

The Longfellow version is a bit depressing but philosophical. Kannadasan makes it a bit mystique by mentioning the unknown in the end. Flying out where to?

A great piece of writing Abhising
    Sri

6. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi abhi

I really can empathise with your feelings of departing friends. Since i too, have been to places, made friends, then it was time to move on. Actually i was always moving:bowdown.

Even i like to maintain the friendship and remain in touch.

Like mindi, even i got hurt by few friends, very badly, but that has not stopped me making friends. I too make friends easily. But ofcourse, at the end of the day i dont expect them to reciprocate the same feelings, if they do, well and good, if not still good:)

thanks for sharing such a beautiful thoughts.

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Sree

Hahaha Thanks for the idea of new topic in snippets abt PMS.

Yes living in a foreign country makes our friendships more precious and as you pointed out I feel so handicapped. It hits me at odd times and makes me feel sad and of course melodramatic :crazy

And another idea for travelling to Oz for the holiday! My God...You are an idea Galore...will have to come to you for ideas anytime. Thanks dear Sree for the new ideas and FB!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

Very nice to see your words of wisdom about friendship and thanks for consoling me. It is during times like these I long to be in my familiar hometown with familiar faces. It is very odd to go on living in a place where the residents seldom smile at each other, much less glancing!

And yes one is going and I am making many new freinds through this thread I started, am I not?

Thanks for the lovely FB dear Kamalji!

9. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Pad amma

Me too very happy to interact with you after a gap.
    Nice to know that I took you through a nostalgic trip with your friends by this post of mine.
    Friends leave food prints in our hearts certainly and time will tell how the imprint is.Right?
    Me too made very unique friends of all geographical locations, thanks to IL.

Thanks for this wonderful FB Pad dear!

10. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear TL

Happy to have the first interaction with you here.
    Yes IL has the magic where we make friends easily that the physical world.

The shoulder of a friend gives the warmth we need during cold times, more so if we are away from family.

Thanks for sharing about your friends and the lovely FB dear TL!