1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Until We Meet Again…!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AbhiSing, Feb 26, 2010.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Like a flower it blossoms----Yes Love and this time I am going to talk about a similar relationship-Friendship. Some start at the first nanosecond and wither in the same speed too. Some takes a long time to form yet get stronger with time. Some withstands time, distance and the umpteen differences that you can mention. Living away from home for a decade (or a Mamangam) with no family around, I have my share of friendships of all categories.

New to the country I leaned on hands extending for support and alleviate homesickness. Some were short lived yet intense. Few became best friends.

They are the balancing gravity during shaken period. They give their shoulders to cry during my losses. They are the first one to hear my successes and joys. Their scolding voices have knocked some sense to my idiotic brain. They are the rushing ones to console me and soothe me during pain. They are the ones with whom I bicker for nothing during PMS. They are the ones who are there when I need.

But one of the demerits of living in this country is the steady flow of people in and out of our life constantly relocating elsewhere. Each time a friend announces the decision; my heart sinks and takes a long time to recover. The times spent together…good and bad, pleasure and painful, in person and thru phone calls runs in the background while I count the days remaining to say Good Bye. Unshed tears fill my eyes as the number becomes smaller and finally tickles to none. Each time it takes longer to recover from the pain…and I vouch never to develop such close friendship with anyone again.

Hey wait a minute…the lady I met yesterday in the play park is calling…got to attend the call. Bye for now. Dear ILites, share about your similar experiences here!

மீண்டுமொருமுறை!

தொலைபேசலாம் இணையஉரையாடலாம்
    ட்விட்டலாம் பஸ்சலாம்
    ட்ரான்சிட்டில் சந்திக்கலாம்---
    வாய்மொழியாய் சமாதானங்கள்!

கட்டியணைத்து முத்தமிட்டு
    கண்ணீர் துடைத்துக் கையசைக்கிறேன்
    பிரியத்தைப் பிரியும் வலி தின்று---
    மீண்டுமொருமுறை!

The above lines are dedicated to one of my Best Friends---Sudha(SB Rose) who is relocating to Down Under next month. Sudha…Wishing you the best in life today and Always. Fairwell Dear!

2. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Dear AbhiSing,

What a wonderful post dedicated to Friendship. This is something that is very close to my heart. I am nicknamed as "Social Butterfly" because I have so many friends and also because I make friends easily.

Close friends, best friends, trusting friends .....so many friends have come and gone in my life but few that I consider my best friends have been with me all my life. They have seen me through thick and thin and offered their shoulders when I am down and similarly I have been the same to them. I value friendship like any other sacred relationship. I love my friends. I always have time for my friends when they need me or even if they don't..:biggrin2:

I get attached too quickly and I think that is a weakness because my heart breaks and there is immense sadness when you find that the supposed friend has taken you for granted. I have dealt with it so many times in my life. But that is life....

This is a poem I came across in one of the greeting cards, which really tells what friendship is all about -

A Friend is someone we turn to
    when our spirits need a lift
    A Friend is someone we treasure
    for our Friendship is a gift
    A Friend is someone who fills our lives
    with beauty, joy and grace
    And makes the whole world we live in
    a better and happier place.

Hey thank you so much for such a wonderful thread, I really enjoyed reading it. :thumbsup

Jaya

3. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Abi,
    Very touching post dear. It takes a lot of understanding, time and trust to gain a close frienship with someone. We give ourself as a gift to our friend........ so the pain when its time to depart , make us feel parch. Very nice post dear. And also your cute poem. :thumbsup

4. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Social Butterfly:thumbsup

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiencies and the poem about friendship. Though I dont get attached too quickly...I am at loss of words when a close friend shifts away to another country.

And yes...friends make the place where we live happier! Thanks a lot for your FB!

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear susri

Nice to see you here.
    Well said, "we give ourselves as a gift". Although technology is a great help nowadays in communication, nothing like having a cup of coffee and lazing in the sofa and talkshop:cheers.

Thanks for calling the blabbers as "poem". HonouredBow.Thanks for your FB dear Susri.

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    Freinds do add colour to any day that is what the bond is all about!
    Cherished and treasured it can add value to life!
    Wonderful post Viji!

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear vijee,

GREAT to see you back in snippets..so we owe this wonderful post to your friend who is shifting :)

I take time to make friends but once they are my friend it is for a lifetime.and now i have too many since we have shifted places many times but i have remained in touch with my best friends from every place.

But one or two friends have treated me badly too..i have forgiven them and moved on in life but have not been able to forget it.

hope you and sudha have a long innings in your friendship..believe me, with real friends distance just doesn't matter.

8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Janani

Wonderful words...yes they add colours and value to life. Where will we be without them?

Thanks for your FB dear Janani!

9. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi

You know me...I cant stay away from snippets. Yes we owe to our fellow ILite SB Rose.
    Glad to know that I am your lifetime friend too:thumbsup. Since we have stay put for 12 years here, it seems like everybody moving away and settling and the country is bustling with new residents...ahem read that as younger residents...newly married, homesick etc.,hahaha!

Yes some bitter experiences too in the friendship area but what is life without few surprises yeah? I try to let go the bad memories.

Sure distance does not matter which ha been proven by the friendscircle we have in IL.:cheers

Thanks Mindi for being here as ever!

10. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji/Abhi

Frankly, when I first saw the title I assumed it was going to be something about PMS !!! :). Friendship - I value this more than my life. I am a slow warmer and don't make friends that easily. Everybody thinks that I am easy going and warm. In fact I am all that :) but takes a while to loosen up. Having moved to this country a while back, I have to say that friends are even more dearer to us at the moment than family. It sounds a bit harsh does it? Staying so far away from our immediate family, it is these friends who make us feel at home in a new place and are there to help no matter what. We share everything that goes on in our lives. Would have been difficult to cope if not for good friends. I can understand how it must feel when one such friend is moving to another place. I would feel insecure or handicap all of a sudden in such a position. But good friends always stay that way even if they are miles apart. Things we used to take for granted earlier, will become all the more precious.

Three cheers to you and Sudha!!! C'mon wouldn't it be a reason to travel in the name of meeting your friend?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010