1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unmarried friend with multiple sexual partners....will he affect my marital life???

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by friend2009, Aug 30, 2010.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Re: Unmarried friend with multiple sexual partners....will he affect my marital life?

Friend2009, I wonder what kind of guy he could be to boast such things.
    What will be your take if your wife had a "such" friend(female) and you come to know about it?The society will doubt your wife also isn't it?I think the same applies here as well.You will be judged based on your friends.

"Character" is common for both men and women.I personally feel if somebody boasts "such" things, he is cheap.JMO.

It purely depends on you whether you want to continue your friendship with him.

2. payalg

payalg New IL'ite

Re: Unmarried friend with multiple sexual partners....will he affect my marital life?

From what I understand this is a single man who is dating women.

Thats his personel life, how does it have anything to do with ur friendship with him? Why would your wife have a problem with that?

Can't understand the issue here. Don't tell me you think he will hit on your wife?

3. pshanti1986

pshanti1986 New IL'ite

If your wife has a similar female friend with multiple sexual partners, would you have a problem or be 'tempted' or act as if you are not bothered? I am sure with your good character belief in yourselves, you would act appropriately towards her.

So should be the case with your wife. If you have faith in her and believe her, she too would not have a problem and would act as deemed fit towards your friend.

4. GreenSignal

GreenSignal Junior IL'ite

With so much of skepticism do you want to bring him home or claim him to be your friend?

5. payalg

payalg New IL'ite

Green Signal - Do you run a background check on every person you bring home??

I bet if you did you would have no friends

6. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

For now i do not see any harm hosting him, but if you see him not maintaining limits with family members ,then i would better recommend you to stay away..

Also its not necessary that you ahve to give the history of all your friends to your wife. I am not asking you to hide it pourposely, but if you feel that certain info about a friend might make your family members feel insecure or upset, i would rather not advice you to share that unless asked about it.

But if you personally are not sure if he would be a safe person to be invited home, then i would better recommend you to limit his friendship outside home.

Good Luck! : thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  7. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Dude

Have faith with wife first....and satisfy her needs....
    If u wanna satisfy others, u will be bedridden soon... LOLZ...

8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Most likely this guy is trying to act cool, those are just his fantasies.He wants u know how much hezzz enjoying life. The truth may be something entirely different! If I were you, I would just keep him at a hi--hello distance! Who god damn cares...let him live his life his way!!! No invites home and no close minglings! Remember, A man is known by the company he keeps!!!
    Megalife

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Irrespective of whether he is having a good time or not, I don't think it concerns you personally. Let us face it, the guy has been honest. Assuming he has a habit of hopping around, do you think he is short of women? And I guess he has enough women who are willing to go out with him. He does not need to make a beeline for your wife. Besides if you trust your wife enough, why should you worry at all?

As for how it will reflect on you, I think the way the world perceives such subjects these days is changing. You could have Casanovas for friends - does not imply that you yourself are one. So long as you know your limits and are confident of your wife, I don't see why you should worry at all. I don't think the old maxim of "a man is known by the company he keeps" holds completely true these days. You always have the choice of how much you socialize with him and where. So you could keep your friendship alive while taking care of your own interests too.

10. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

You should trust your wife around people. And I see him as a mature person who knows what he is and is not capable of, even though I am not sure if he fully understands the long term outcome. Grow up.