1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unloving Partner

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by amulya2020, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

My husband too has become a similar kind of uncaring person, many years after marriage...
    Your post really touched my heart and reminded me how many ladies are suffering silently without getting any care or attention and just working mechanically.
    I have been very depressed when I do something expecting my husband s approval and appreciation and I don’t get it..when i do the same without expectation it’s slightly better.
    These days I’m just doing my work and ignoring his criticisms , rather Pursuing my interests and entertaining myself with my favourite music and TV serials.

amulya2020 likes this.
  2. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

The neighbour analogy by @beautifullife30 is the only option I think...
    You can not make someone show you affection just becuase you are showing them. Like you I have seen so many couples ( I could as well include me)where one person is naturally affectionate while other person justs sits there exhausting it conviniently without giving back any of it. One day the other person just realises he has lost his ability to love. This is sad.

You are a person who have this blessing of caring... dont put yourself into a situation where you will lose it.
    Show it on yourselves, someone who values it, on plants, animals etc...
    Let his apathy be HIS loss, not yours. Goodluck!

amulya2020 likes this.
  3. amulya2020

amulya2020 Silver IL'ite

Unfortunately my husband from start of our relationship is like that….I sometimes feel at least some people are lucky who say their relationship was very lively during initial days. But nowadays this thought doesn’t bother me much, got used to it.

What you mentioned finally are true and they are very helpful come out of these kind of situation.

4. amulya2020

amulya2020 Silver IL'ite

True if other person lacks that generous nature. May be I should hold myself from completely investing myself on that person. I should be able decide who is worth of receiving it.

5. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

Because u take this treatment he gives it to you. If you dont take and leave him he will change. If he still doesnt change accept your fate and live this life

amulya2020 likes this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What is your work situation? Do you have a job currently? If not, did you used to work?

7. amulya2020

amulya2020 Silver IL'ite

Yes I have worked but had to stop until my work visa gets renewed. Once it’s done will start looking for jobs again.

8. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

FB6454F0-9016-463D-8DD7-2BBF1AAEB782.gif Dont pump him up. Its never ending.

amulya2020 likes this.
  9. amulya2020

amulya2020 Silver IL'ite

senorita2019 likes this.
  10. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Have you ever communicated to him what you have written here? ( Is he not aware of your thoughts and feelings )
    Have you ever asked him what's his way of expressing love towards you? ( any mismatch of love language?)