1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unknown facts of life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Feb 20, 2013.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

I want to clear my doubts about Karma.Many people say our Happiness or sorrow which we go through in this Janma is the follow up of what we have done in the previous janma.ok i accept this verdict but if it is true why this doesn't affect us from our childhood.we are the target of the Destiny when we are grown up.sometime i used to think why we are punished now with out knowing what we have done in the past.WHY GOD DIDN'T FORGIVE US? Like this so many questions arise with in me? Many of you may feel it's all silly thinking but i am eager to know your replies.

(Friends many of you have mentioned about the suffering of the Kids.I agree with you .In my post the childhood mentioned is about mine and the Destiny began to laugh at me after certain age.That is my fault not adding the word "MY CHILDHOOD")

(

2 people like this.

2. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

What a question why god did not forgive us? Yes when someone hurts us we always say forgive the person and move on. Then this is applicable in case of god too. Why he is not forgiving then. Very nice thread. Hope others too pour their thoughts here.

1 person likes this.
  3. mp1234

mp1234 Gold IL'ite

If GOD keeps forgiving us,I think we will keep doing wrong/mistakes/crime in every janma as we know,ultimately GOD WILL forgive us.
    Probably,HE wants us to realise from our sorrow or punishment and do GOOD in this life and become better persons.

We cannot judge GOD,but our destiny is a direct outcome of our karma,as we know.Probably GOD rewards accordingly for our good actions and bad actions.

2 people like this.
  4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear periamma

At the risk of sounding stupid,( since all ilites know me by now, I am free with my opinions here :)) I will share with you my thoughts on the subject since I find it an interesting topic for debate.

Yes, I believe in the theory of karma. What goes around comes around either in this birth or successive ones.

Childhood is the most innocent period of our lives. What hardship does a child sense except that he may not have to eat what he desires or the toys that he doesn't have to play with? I mean even if there are hardships the child does not realize it as a suffering unless it is a terminal illness or something.

If I have done something wrong then I have to bear the brunt of it by atoning for it. No God can do anything about it since it is my karma .But I believe that praying to him may give me the strength to bear my hardships, so it becomes slightly easier to handle?

I would be very interested in hearing from others too. Thanks for raising the question :)

2 people like this.
  5. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

Let me give my explanation according to what i studied in my sacred books,

According to the law of Karma,souls reincarnate in enviornments befitting their spiritual attainments.Good people go, when they die,to the heaven of those who do good deeds.
    They dwell there for a number of years and then take birth again,this time into a home that is pure and prosperous.
    A few of them will be born into a family that is spiritually advanced,but such births are difficult to obtain.When this happens,the good enviornment draws out their latent spirituality and leads them rapidly towards liberation.

All life evolves from the differentiating power of three forces or strands of nature: sattva(pure), Rajas(passion/action),and Tamas(ignorance/dark).

Gunas are forces that weave together to form a strong rope that binds the self(atma) to one's worldly body and thus leading to life,suffering,death,and rebirth.

So i believe God is not responsible for our Karma, so for me no question of why god is not forgiving,As a hindu i believe in past janma karma,and rebirth.We get results according to our Karma.

Our sages have given a clear picture about how to adjust and survive in difficult situations,how to think and make life better.

About childhood ,you are not aware of self(aham),a child is more closer to god for the same reason.

This is my philosophical version.
    Those who are too worried about worldly stuff and seeks an answer should find solace in a guru who can give solutions.All the best!

2 people like this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

pranatim thanks for your immediate response.we ask HIM to forgive us by prayers.

7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Mindi.we speak to HIM through prayers and plead for Mercy.

9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thank you seethavarma.I have not gone through vedas,I beleve GOD and we are puppets moving according to HIM.

10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma
    Who told you that the effect of our past Karma catches up with us only when we grow older and children are spared? Haven't you seen that at the very moment a child is born in Bachan's family, another is born to a gypsy (nari Koravas) on the pavement? What causes this distinction? Why the former is brought up in sheer opulence, but the other starts begging in the street from the moment it is able to walk? Walk into Cancer Hospital and see small children writhing in great pain due to a malignant tumour while scores of healthy children playing merrily along in the skating rinks of expensive malls. Why is this so?

Secondly why do we presume that God will forgive all our sins however grave they may be? He is there only to evaluate our lives on the basis of our actions and set in course the further journey of our soul. St.Francois de Sales, a Roman Catholic Saint, once declared 'God did not deprive thee of the operation of His love, but thou didst deprive Him of any co-operation. God would never have rejected thee, if you hadst not rejected His love'. By continuous sinning unmindful of His omnipresence, are we not rejecting His love and concern for us? Then how can we lament that God did not forgive us when we are faced with adverse circumstances?

Let us not talk about Karma and all such high jargon. Let us leave aside scriptures for a moment. Let us first learn to live according to the dictates of our conscience. Let us not live a righteous life merely due to fear of God. Let it come naturally to us. It is wrong to assume that the All Merciful God will keep on forgiving our sins. He will not. In fact, He has nothing to do with them.
    Sri

12 people like this.