1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Universal Studios, Epcot Cr or Disney world???

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Susila, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Susila

Susila New IL'ite

Dear friends,

I am posting this query here as many of you may have visitied Orlando to see the Disney world and may have some idea about it.

Our friends are in Miami now as he is on work over there.
    They have just one day to visit Orlando and would like to see Disney world. But they are wondering as to which of the three fun parks are best to visit. They have no children.

Do write in and advice as to which is the best option given the limited time.

Thanks to all of you in advance.

Susi

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi ,

I have been to universal studios, and Magical kingdom(disney park). I have not been to EPCOT.

I will tell you what all are there in these 2 parks. you can decide based on this:
    Magical Kingdom - its completely a Fantasy world with all disney characters dressed live. lots of wonderful colorful attractions. few rides for adults. I somehow liked it because of all those fancy things.

Universal Studios - this is more like many dangerous rides with the theme of movies produced by universal. if there are no kids , this can be the first preference. However , if your friends are scared of "scary & adventure " rides, then they will not enjoy, also they should be aware of the movies it might be an additional fun to the whole excitement.

EPCOT - I have heard it is more informative , and might not have more rides. This i heard from my friends. i dont know anything more. this is the review i get from every friend of mine.

I would also recommend SEA WORLD . its another AMAZING FUN PLACE. only one huge roller-coaster. otherwise everything else is just shows of sea animals. the highlight is the show of killer-whale called " shamu ".

Hope they have a good time .

3. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

hello Susila,

I agree with Ranchu abt Universal kingdom and magic kingdom.

Coming to Epcot yea it is mostly technology based and also there are shows according to region like mexican, italian, german.We will be moving in a small boat or vehicle and have to explore their culture and all.Very few big rides are there like Test Track.

Hollywood studios is agian like Universal studios.But they have live plays from the movies and also how they shoot the movie like how they keep the effects etc.,

There are other theme parks like adventure of Island which is again full of rides.

There is other park called Wet N Wild which has full water rides.If your friends like rides they can go for that as well.

If they are florida residents, they will get some discount in entrance tickets.

But in one day it is a bit difficult to cover more than 1 park.

Hope this information is uesful for you

Thanks

4. Susila

Susila New IL'ite

Hello Ranchu and Madhurisatya,

Thanks for being so helpful and giving an insight into the various parks.

This information is really appreciated.
    Being in IL is a real gift, we get honest answers to questions.

Once again, thank you all so much.

Susi

5. NidhiA

NidhiA Junior IL'ite

I have visited Universal Studios and disney world and if no kids universal studios was lot of fun.

6. spsrk

spsrk New IL'ite

Hi Sushi,

I have been to Universal Studios, Island of Adventure, all in Walt Disney World (Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood studios and Magic Kingdom) and Nasa. For one day visit if you like adventures i suggest Island of Adventure is the best one. It has lot of big and mild thrillers so if no childs accompanying, u can go to Island of Adventure, be prepared for water rides, u hv 3 or 4 amazing water rides in that. Otherwise try to get a One or 3 day pass for all the four disney world's and visit as quickly as possible. Be planned, go very early like 8.00AM, first visit animal kingdom they may close early because of unconditional weather(Don't miss Asia continental events) and atlast visit magic kingdom because it will open till 12p.m in the night and other two will open till 9pm. I liked Animal kingdom and Epcot very much. If you visit magic kingdom in night u can watch fireworks, its really amazing. So plan accordingly. We had a four days trip, visited the whole disney world in one day and we didn't miss any events. Enjoy the trip :hiya

7. desiprincess

desiprincess Senior IL'ite

I would have to say Universal studios is the better one of all three....